Monday 8 September 2014

Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter - Peach Lights


Like a lot of beauty junkies out there, I'm a sucker for a good highlighter. When I saw that Makeup Revolution were offering these baked beauties at £3 a pop, I knew I had to grab myself one to try out. Over the summer I have been wearing my Benefit Watt's Up religiously. (You can read my review here.) So when this arrived, I was looking forward to breaking out of my highlighting rut and sampling something a bit different. 


Before blending

After blending

Okay, I'm going to be really honest here. When I swatched this, I wasn't entirely sure of the colour. It has a soft pink, almost lilac tinge to it and I struggled to see much of the 'peach' lights about it. Almost immediately, I decided that I probably wasn't going to like this product; however I was completely wrong, (and if you ask you boyfriend, he will tell you that rarely happens)! 

Somehow this highlighter just works. Used with a light hand, this product gives a shimmery glow that even Mills Mackintosh could hope to achieve. But why stop there? Not only is the Peach Lights a nifty, little highlighter, it can also double up as a great base eye shadow too. I've been sweeping this under the arches of my brows and blending it with darker shadows to create some delicate smokey eyes. Despite the shimmer, there isn't a 'glitter' feel about this product. No lumps and chunks. It's light-weight, wears well and blends beautifully into the skin. 

As I mentioned above, I would heavily recommend that you use this product with a light hand. It's very metallic and if you're all about the natural glow, then I would seriously suggest that you tap the excess off your highlighting brush before putting that thing anywhere near your face! On the plus side, I have a sneaking suspicion that it shall be some time before I see the base of this pan winking at me beneath the product. 

I'm pretty impressed that I have managed to make it this far in to the review before mentioning the design of the powder itself. It conjures up the immature 15 year old in me, and I kinda wish it looked less like a lady part. Or perhaps a wrinkly eye if you tip it on it's side... let's go with that one shall we? Sorry Makeup Revolution, I guess there's always one eh!?

Genitalia aside, (did I really just use that word in a beauty product review?) I really am a big fan of this product. I find myself drawn to it like a moth to a shimmery, highlighter flame; and not a day goes by where I'm not dusting this somewhere on my face. 

Have you tried any of the Makeup Revolution Highlighters? What are your thoughts?

Share:

4 comments

  1. Second comment attempt - accidentally deleted my first one :(

    Woah, your swatch really doesn't look like it would suit me! But I do believe that it can work, like you said! Do you prefer this one over Benefit Watts up? Ive been pretty much using Watts up throughout the summer.. the entire time! Hehe.
    I don know what you mean regarding the shape! It's quite hilarious and I would notice it myself (great minds think alike,you know :D) Hah!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, for second attempts! I know, I totally feel you on the swatches. I didn't 'get' it. It's too shimmery, too white, too everything, although the swatches are heavier than how I would apply it to my face. It really does just work and it's so quick to just dust a bit of this on your face. I love the Benefit Watts Up and I think it's better for that 'golden' glow but for £3 this one does a fab job, it's a much lighter weight and great for if you're on the go. Makeup Revolution do a Golden Lights version of this highlighter that might be more up your street. I think I'm going to give that one a whirl too for a warmer glow xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a highlighter, this one looks great, but like you said- with a light hand!

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one to use with a light hand and for £3, it's such a bargain. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig