Wednesday 8 February 2017

Current Beauty Favourites


I'm really getting back into the swing of blogging again after my recent, 'time off' from writing and I have some i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e. beauty products to share with you. I haven't been spending as much on makeup over the last few months as I've been making more of a conscious effort to save up; however here's a few new, and old bits that I'm currently loving. 

Life in Excess Blog, Current Beauty Favourites
Life in Excess Blog, Current Beauty Favourites, MAC Blankety Lipstick, Isadora Lip Liner Subtle Nude

MAC Amplified Lipstick in shade Blankety - I'm obsessed with a new newd. I've had the longest crush on Too Faced's Nude Beach lipstick - which I still absolutely adore and highly recommend - but it's Blankety that has taken over the top spot as my current, go-to lipstick. It's slightly more nude and less pink than Nude Beach. I feel like I'm always looking for a nude lipstick that doesn't lean too heavily on the orangey/brown side nor the pink, and this sits perfectly in the middle. 

Isadora Perfect Lip Liner in shade 79 Subtle Nude - I have rediscovered my love for this lip liner and I've pretty much used it non-stop for the last two months. It works beautifully with the lipstick above but also worn alone with a dab of gloss over the top. I feel like Isadora isn't a particularly well-known brand, (I picked up my liner in Finland and you can read my post here) however it's a beautifully creamy, pigmented and long-lasting product and I couldn't recommend this shade more - it's the most perfect MLBB shade. 

Make Up For Ever Smoothing Primer - This is a recent addition to my make up bag but worthwhile of a mention because as far as skin-smoothing primers go, this one is really rather good. I typically don't get on well with silicone-based primers - Benefit's Porefessional is just a no-go for me; however I find that this hasn't caused any noticeable breakouts so far, (which is often the case with these types of primers and my skin) and it creates an even, smooth base on top of which to apply my make up. I find that with this, my make up sits better and has a more flawless finish than without. It's definitely piqued my interest to try more primers from the Make Up For Ever range. 

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in shade Showgirl - I recently purchased the 'Reds' mini liquid lipstick set and Showgirl was a real, standout shade for me. It's a metallic red with a pink shimmer running through it and it's absolutely stunning. As far as metallic lipsticks go, this is one of the prettier shades that I've seen. You can read my more in depth thoughts on the various Huda Beauty liquid lipstick shades that I own here, but do let me know if you'd like to see a full review with swatches, of the Reds mini set. 

Huda Beauty Samantha False Lashes - Sticking with Huda Beauty, I finally got my paws on a pair of her iconic, 'Samantha' lashes and I have fallen completely head over heels! You can see me wearing this pair here. They are very fluttery and, if you're not used to wearing false lashes, quite a bold lash to go for; however, I feel they add drama without looking too heavy or unnatural, and the wispy nature of the style gives a softer overall finish than other similar lashes I have tried. For me, they're an occasion lash. I don't see me wearing these to run to the supermarket but I guess you could if you were so inclined. It's also worth pointing out that I did cut mine down slightly as I often find most false lash bands are a little too big for my eyes. When the time comes, I will absolutely repurchase these. I feel like I have become a true, Samantha lash convert. 

St Tropez Express 1 Hour Tan Bronzing Mousse - Finally, onto a 'Winter' staple. I was an avid St Tropez fan back in the day; however it was Laura from Buynowbloglater that brought the 'Express' tan to my attention via her Instagram Stories. Any brand that can shave time off mundane tasks has a customer in me. The tan works in that you apply the tinted mousse as you would any normal tanning product, leave to dry for 1 to 3 hours, depending how deep a tan you desire, and then wash it off. Even after washing, the tan continues to darken and develop for up to 8 hours. What I love about this product is the fact that I can whack it on for a couple of hours in the evening, wash it off and go to bed, knowing that I'm not going to wake up sticky and disgusting in the morning - winner! 

Life in Excess Blog - Current Beauty Favourites

Let me know what beauty products you have been loving lately and/or if there's anything on your beauty wishlist that you're just dying to try. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig