Wednesday 3 May 2017

Trying Yankee Candles


My Mother. Creator of fine, human specimens and scented candle habit facilitator. 

As I never made it home for Christmas last year, we held a small Christmas celebration when my family came to visit the other week... in April... we played carols. It was glorious.

Yankee Candle Votive Haul & Review - Life in Excess Blog

Anyway, my Mum came bearing gifts, which included a box stuffed with loads of Yankee Candle votive candles, in a whole range of scents so that, in her words, I could try them all and find out which ones are my favourites. 

Bless her. She's a good egg.

So that's just what I'm doing. Burning my way through Yankee Candles and giving them all the sniff test. Here's the scents that I'm loving so far:

Fluffy Towels - Smells like fresh laundry. A really clean, comforting scent that would work perfectly for the bedroom. I couldn't resist and lit this one straight away. 

Lavender - I'm not usually the biggest fan of lavender scents but this isn't too overpowering. It has a nice, spa-like feel about it which I think is really calming. 

Wedding Day - Again, a very fresh, floral scent with notes of citrus, mimosa, jasmine and rose to name but a few. 

Oud Oasis - This is a candle that I wouldn't typically pick out for myself but one that I actually really like. It's very apt, considering where I live and has a rich, warm scent with notes of oud, jasmine and amber. 

Champaca Blossom - This is another fragrance that has a spa-like vibe to it. It's a mix of fruity, floral scents with notes of orange, violet leaf, melon and cedarwood. 

Summer Scoop - This strawberry ice cream scented candle smells almost good enough to eat. It has a vanilla base with strawberry and pink cotton candy notes. 

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Yankee Candles but I have to say, I'm really impressed with the amount of fragrance these small votives give off when lit. They really do fill a room, despite their size, with each candle having a burn time of up to 15 hours; although you wouldn't need to have it going for that length of time in any one sitting. 

The votive size candles are such a great way to sample the various scents on offer from Yankee Candle, and I'd definitely like to try more in the near future. 

Well done Mum!

Let me know if you've tried the sample-size, votive candles from Yankee Candle and/or what your favourite scents are from the brand. I'd love some recommendations. 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig