Thursday 19 March 2015

Crazy for COLAB?

The day that dry shampoo was invented, lazy girls around the world united in celebration. I know because I'm one of them. Hair washing is such an arduous task. It doesn't help that my tresses are currently in butt-skimming territory; which means that not only does washing my hair take an ungodly amount of time, it also requires bi-weekly bicep workouts just to get the job done.


Fear not though kids, there's a new dry shampoo on the block. It's the COLAB Sheer Invisible Formula Dry Shampoo, developed in part by the gorgeous Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends blog. 

I've always been a Batiste girl when it comes to my dry shampoo needs; although the unsightly residue it left on my brunette locks left me wishing for a more practical alternative. When I saw that COLAB was being marketed as having a sheer invisible formula, I knew I needed to get my hands on it and give it a go. 

There's a range of fragrances available. I opted for LONDON, (Classic fragrance - bergamot, musk and magnolia) and TOKYO, (Oriental fragrance - orchid, madarin and sandalwood). I actually really love both of these scents, despite probably reaching for the Classic version more frequently. 

So what about the formula? I'm pleased to report that the 'sheer invisible' really is just that. No more awkward grey-tinged hair - hooray! I've been using this regularly between washes and it's great. My hair feels fresher and a whole load more presentable than 5 day unwashed, because 15 minutes snooze time is far more important in the morning, hair. High-five COLAB team. 

What are your thoughts on dry shampoo and have you tried any of the COLAB products?
Share:

10 comments

  1. I had no idea this had a sheer invisible formula, definitely trying these next as I also hate the grey most dry shampoos leave. I currently have the Batiste in the brunette version but I find that if I touch my hair or anything I end up with dirty hands or clothes haha x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! I've tried so many varieties of Batiste and whilst they do make my hair feel more acceptable, I hate that grey-tinge look they give me! I'd recommend trying COLAB though... as long as you don't spray ridiculous amounts too close to your hair, it's fab! xxx

      Delete
  2. I need to try these! I have such dark brown hair that most dry shampoos can't be used but hearing this is almost invisible has sold me! *adds to wishlist*

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my must-try list for a while, but you've just completely sold it to me. Thanks love!

    Polly xx
    Follow Your Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome my dear.. I hope it works for you xxx

      Delete
  4. It's nice to hear this is working for you. I unfortunately didn't have the best luck with it, it didn't do anything for my hair...

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, what a shame. Hate when that happens x

      Delete
  5. These have completely taken the place as my favorite dry shampoos. I think I cleaned them out the last time I was in Superdrug! XP

    ♡Em | www.haulanddupes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl.. I'm trying to use mine sparingly so that I don't run out before heading back to the UK to stock up! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig