Tuesday 24 March 2015

Finnish Beauty Finds

Several weeks back, I nipped into my local Sokos department store and got stuck into browsing the make up section as per usual. Sandwiched between the more well-known brands, lie a selection of Finnish beauty goodies. More often than not, I tend to skip over these sections and stick to what I know... (although I did pick up these gorgeous Lumene eye shadows a while back). Anyhow, a couple of items caught my eye and I thought I would give them a whirl to see if they were worth parting with cash for. 



The first product that I popped into my basket was the Natural Code Eye Dramatizer Shadow - Liner in No. 2 Pearl Copper. This immediately struck me as an alternative to the new Bourjois Colorband 2 in 1 eyeshadow/liners and I was intrigued as to how the two compared. I picked up the Colorband in No. 04 Rose Fauviste when I was back in the UK, and you can see them swatched side by side here:

Left - Bourjois Colorband Rose Fauviste
Right - Natural Code Eye Dramatizer Pearl Copper
Both products are very similar in texture and pigmentation, with the Natural Code shadow being a little harder to work with. After application, you only have a few seconds to play with it before it fuses with your skin and becomes impossible to blend. The colour payoff however; is great and you can really build it up for an intense, metallic finish. Due to the fact that it sets so well, this cream shadow wears well and is long-lasting with minimal creasing after 4-5 hours. All of that being said, I'm not a lover of either of these eye products; although I do love both of the rose gold/bronze shades. They're okay, but not wow enough for me to consider repurchasing. I guess I'm a traditional powder shadow girl at heart. 

 
The other product I plumped for, is the We Care Icon All Over Shimmer Chic Glow Highlighter in No. 1 Magic Glow and I have to say, this is one of the best damn products I've ever owned. Yes, it's a bold statement, and okay, maybe I exaggerated sightly; but I love this powder. It's a shimmer for those that don't do shimmer. The finely-milled powder is soft and lightweight. To look at, you can barely make out anything that would constitute as a shimmer. It looks underwhelming. Even swatched, it doesn't look much. 


Regardless of all of that, this product, dusted along my cheekbones, across my forehead and down the centre of my nose, is the shit! (If you'll pardon my French.) It gives a glorious, 'lit from within' quality to my face and gives the illusion of a dreamy, dewy complexion. The four strips of colour blend to give a peachy, and ever so slightly golden highlight, minus the awkward, robotic metallic look. Admittedly, I have hammered this product and I bet I hit pan all too soon. If there's one thing I'll take away with me from Finland, you can guarantee it will be a whole case load of this! 

What are your thoughts on these Finnish beauty finds? Do you love to try out new brands and explore foreign beauty products? Let me know what you think guys. 
Share:

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. It really is.. I've been using it non-stop! xx

      Delete
  2. The shades you picked up are gorgeous! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame that the eyeshadow wasn't that good as the shade is gorgeous! I definitely need to purchase the highlighter as I don't like lots of shimmer but that looks just perfect :)x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, great shade, just not for me. I absolutely recommend the powder though. It's so subtle and gives a gorgeous soft-focus look to the skin. I'm stocking up next time I go to the Sokos department store haha! x

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig