Friday 20 March 2015

Old School MAC

Is it just me or does anyone else love rediscovering forgotten products? This Mineralize powder was one of my very first MAC purchases, and we go way, way back...

MAC, MAC powder, MAC bronzer, mineralize skinfinish,mac bronzer review
MAC, MAC bronzer review, MAC powder review, bronzing powder MAC,

In my 'earlier' twenties, I hit a make up crisis. My stash was brimming with products that I never used, had bought on a whim and even some that had started to house their own eco-system, so I did what any crazy, beauty enthusiast would never do - I binned the entire lot.

Owning nothing but the make up on my face, I embarked on a panic-stricken trip to MAC and practically begged the sales girl to kit me out with a whole new face 'drobe. One of which was this, the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Medium Deep. Battered, bruised and in what I'm pretty sure is discontinued packaging, it is clear to see this bronzer has been well-loved. Despite showing this some serious attention over the years, I still haven't hit pan, which is credit to how much product you're getting for your pennies.

MAC bronzing powder swatches, mac bronzer review, mac powder review, mac mineralize review

The Mineraliza Skinfinish Natural powders have a lightweight, matte finish and are perfect for setting foundation or using as bronzing/contouring tools. I went down the bronzing route with mine and it gives a beautiful, natural warmth to the skin. Now, I'm quite partial to a touch of shimmer, but this powder is great for those who like a more subtle, every day look. The powder is finely milled and so blends with ease - with buildable coverage and a long lasting finish.

I'm so glad I shopped my stash and stumbled upon this forgotten hero. I think my MAC powder and I have a lot of catching up to do.

What are your thoughts on matte bronzing powders - yay or nay? Do you have any must-buy MAC products that you would recommend? Leave your thoughts in a comment below. 
Share:

16 comments

  1. Im all over matte bronzers, i prefer them so much more to shimmer ones! This one looks so lovely!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine... I think matte bronzers are perfect for every day x

      Delete
  2. Matte Bronzers are my favourite i hate wearing anything with shimmer in like that. I will have to check this out x
    Emmys Blog | Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought to look at the MAC bronzers! I love digging around in my stash of products and rekindling my love for forgotten beauty bits! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to get carried away with lipsticks when visiting the MAC counters but I love the rest of their products too.. Forgotten gems are the best, right?! xxx

      Delete
  4. Matte bronzing powders yey! You BINNED make up?? Are we really friends?

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did.. but I bought a shit load more so I'm guessing we're cool? xxx

      Delete
  5. I, too, prefer Matte Bronzers. :-) I get where you're coming from. Sometimes you just have to start over. Though these days that may be easier said with the amount I'm hoarding. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there are way too many bits now that I could never part with.. Make up hoarding is the best kind of hoarding! x

      Delete
  6. BINNING MAKE UP? Giiiirrllll..... ;) Anyway! My first ever MAC product was a Cream blush. Good old times right? ;) This looks like a lovely matte bronzing powder, I prefer mattes myself really. Although, the CT Bronze&Glow has a tiny bit of shimmer and it actually looks stunning!

    Laura || Laura London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. *hangs head in shame* I have lusted after the CT Bronze&Glow for what feels like forever! I wish it was more accessible here in Finland. xx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE matte bronzers, so much so I never use shimmery bronzers! I think they're so much more flattering xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're great for every day use.. I have to say, I'm quite partial to a bit of shimmer in the evening though ;) xxx

      Delete
  8. I love both shimmer and matte bronzers - matte look great during the day but I'm a fan of shimmer bronzers for the evening and in the summer when they delicately catch the light! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you.. I flit between both. I love a shimmer bronzer for the evening but matte is great for the day time. Thanks for commenting lovely x

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig