Tuesday 18 November 2014

Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Envious





Here's the first of my Duty Free purchases that will be featuring on my blog over the coming days, maybe weeks? (Yes, I bought a lot) It's the Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in the shade 340, Envious. It's a warm, muted red with subtle pinkish undertones. 



I have seen a fair amount of reviews of the Pure Color Envy lipsticks and naturally, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one to give it a whirl. The minute I swatched it at the beauty counter, I knew I was going to have to have one in my life. Thankfully, I was passing through Duty Free a few days later so I manged to save a few, if not measly amount of pennies on it... but a saving is a saving right? 

Anyhow, the minute I applied this to my face, I got a vanilla-esque whiff that instantly made me think MAC. The formula is very similar to that of a Creme Sheen finish too. It's creamy, smooth and oh so hydrating! The finish is such a glossy, almost balmy one and even from the swatch on my hand it's clear how moisturising this formula is. I've always been a creamy finish kind of girl, (How wrong does that sound?) and this lipstick is right up my street, it has me absolutely smitten. 



The colour payoff is excellent. One swipe unleashes a pop of intense colour. It's super pigmented and according to the peeps at Estée Lauder, multi-faceted pigments create definition and lips look beautifully shaped, sculpted and curvaceous. I'm not entirely sure about the sculpting part, reading that last sentence makes me think of Spanx; all I know is that whatever the Estée Lauder boffins have stuck in this lipstick, it works and it's bloody great! 

A word on the packaging, it's nothing less than what I would expect from a high-end brand. It's weighty, which I like and the navy/gold is definitely a classic look. The lid is also magnetic and clips firmly shut so you know you're safe if you happen to throw this one in the bottom of your handbag. 

It's safe to say, I'm a fan of this one, in case you didn't quite work that one out. Estée Lauder have a whole range of colours to suit everyone and you can check them all out here. (Jealous and Carnal, I'm looking at you both!) 

What are your thoughts on Estée Lauder's Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipsticks? Have you tried any of the range or are you lusting after any shades in particular? 

With my purchase, I was also gifted a little sample pot of this:


I haven't tried it out yet but I fully intend to and will share my thoughts with you all soon. 
Share:

13 comments

  1. This looks absolutely beautiful & the formula sounds dreamy! Looking forward to your eye product review!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a dream! Eye product testing is underway :) Watch this space xxx

      Delete
  2. Sunds like such a great liptsick with amazing formula and beautiful packaging! Love the shade x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fabulous lippie! Thanks for commenting Alina xxx

      Delete
  3. This looks so beautiful, the packaging and colour is stunning! It sounds dreamy as well.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    Too Faced giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I'm so glad I picked it up xxx

      Delete
  4. This shade is so beautiful! I need an Estee Lauder lipstick! x

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! I'm so impressed with this one xxx

      Delete
  5. This shade is beautiful! And the packaging looks so elegant! x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Packaging is so important and Estee Lauder have definitely nailed it! xxx

      Delete
  6. I do love a creamy finish too ;) haha...But seriously though, everything about this lipstick looks gorgeous, and the shade is right up my street!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I tried this formula out a couple of months ago and it separated on my lips. But so many people love it that I am thinking maybe something was just weird with my lips that day? I've got to give it another go. :-)

    Beauty Isles | Blogiversary Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC, and NYX

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig