Sunday 30 November 2014

Makeup Revolution #Liphug Lipsticks



Ahh, Makeup Revolution. You had me at hello with these latest lip smackers. Dubbed, the #Liphug, (Naww) they've been specially formulated and designed to give you super intense and super huggable lips. Now, if you can explain to me how one goes about hugging someones lips, there's likely to be a gold star and a Kinder Egg in it for you. 

Jokes aside, these new lipstick offerings from Makeup Revolution are a step-up, price wise from the I-Can't-Believe-They're-Only-£1 Amazing Lipsticks. Priced at £2.50, you get a choice of twenty brand new shades as well as a prettier package and some interesting shade names to boot. 

So what have we got then?

To Get Lucky
Who We Are!

I Am Ready!

Still Missing My Baby


From top to bottom - To Get Lucky, Who We Are!, I Am Ready!, Still Missing My Baby

I ended up opting for two very similar red shades and two brownish/reds - Still Missing My Baby is very much the winter berry/mulled wine shade that I was hoping to add to my Winter lippie wardrobe... if I owned such a thing. A word on the formula, the Liphugs are so up my street, they're practically in my front door. Creamy, moisturising and oh so hydrating, they feel great to wear and the pigmentation is pretty good too; however it does takes a couple of swipes to get an intense wash of colour.

In terms of wear, I'm surprised to be writing that you can get a good couple of hours out of these without the need to reapply. The shade, To Get Lucky is particularly forgiving and I had that on for over three hours the other day before it started to give up on me. It's safe to say I'm impressed. You can see me wearing it in this post right here

I really do rate these lipsticks and I think Makeup Revolution did a cracking job with the shade range and aesthetics, my only bugbear is the smell. I'm a nit picker at the best of times and for me, these lipsticks felt slightly cheapened by the almost plasticky scent that they had to them. It draws me back to my pre-teens and my pink, glittery 'First Makeup Set' that I'm 90% sure was a freebie from my Sugar magazine. It wouldn't stop me repurchasing, I mean hello... have you seen the price? Although I do wish MUR had given these a more nostril-friendly scent. 


On the whole, these latest lip offerings from Makeup Revolution are completely worth their budget-friendly price tag and would no doubt make great little stocking fillers for lipstick loving friends and family. There really is a shade to suit everyone. 

What are your thoughts on the new #Liphugs from Makeup Revolution? Are there any shades in particular that you're rating or what would you like to see next from the budget beauty brand?
Share:

15 comments

  1. I put an order for two of these shades recently and I can't wait to get them. So impressed with the packaging and quality for such an affordable price x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, what did you order? They're so great for the price. xxx

      Delete
  2. These look like a great dupe for the Chanel Coco Rouge! Also I love how affordable they are - thanks for the great review :) xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous Kirsty - especially the two reds! I am a lipstick fiend so I must check them out.
    Emma | Fluff and Fripperies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you definitely should! There's so many lovely shades to choose from! xxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was saying....the packaging on the Makeup Revolution lipsticks reminds me of higher end, more luxe brands. I was suppose to sign up for their emails so that I could get the notification when they do free international shipping again. Dropped the ball on that one - maybe I'll do it now. :-)


    Beauty Isles | Blogiversary International Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC and NYX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I didn't know they offered free international delivery at certain times?! I'm going to have to pay more attention... The packaging is much better than the original packaging of their 'Amazing' lipsticks. xxx

      Delete
  6. I have couple of shades from this range and they're really nice, especially considering the low price! But I agree with you about the scent, they don't smell particularly nice :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner
    Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really wish they'd given these a nicer scent. The cheaper lipsticks from their range smell much better xxx

      Delete
  7. I'm desperate to try these! It'll be so hard picking out a few shades though they all look amazing.
    xxx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I could have easily bought more of them. The price is so great though that you can treat yourself to a few xxx

      Delete
  8. I really need to place an order on some of these. Love the look of "to get lucky". Gorgeous shade! x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shade!! It's probably my favourite of the bunch... I'll be interested to see what shades you pick if you place an order :) xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig