Tuesday 4 November 2014

Maxfactor CC Stick - Dark Circles


When it comes to dark circles, the only ones I tolerate are of the chocolate button variety. Nothing screams, I've spent all night knocking back Jagerbombs than those pesky, under-eye patches and like most of us, I went 'em covered! 

Thankfully, there's a million and one products on the market these days that help to correct wayward skin tones and erase all evidence of the night before using clever make up trickery. Shame the same doesn't apply for those 4am text messages! 

This nifty, little product is the Color Correcting Stick from Maxfactor. 


It's a creamy/white coloured stick that has a subtle yellow tint designed to correct and conceal under-eye circles, leaving you with a flawless, fresh-faced look. I'm going to put it right out there, I actually picked this up as last resort, Halloween, face paint substitute; however I've been reaching for it most days as a quick fix concealing, contouring Jack of all trades. 

The crayon format makes application a doddle, just scribble where you need it. That being said, it's not the most gentle method of applying product to the delicate under-eye area which is partly due to the consistency of the product itself, balmy, but not anywhere near as creamy as a liquid concealer. Once on, it takes a bit of effort to blend the product into the skin as it's not one for budging, but with a little gentle coaxing, you can get it to work wonders.


It's very pale and so you don't need much to get results. It really does hide those dark circles and generally brightens up the whole eye area. In addition to an under-eye concealer, I've been using the Maxfactor CC stick as a makeshift highlighter for contouring, applying it along my cheek bones, under the arches of my brows and down the centre of my nose. I've also applied it directly onto my lips as a base for nude lipstick. It's so versatile and so simple that I can't help but wish I'd discovered it sooner. 

The CC sticks come in a whole range of different shades for different purposes. There's a green stick for neutralising red tones and a purple tone for combating dull skin. You can check out the full range here

Thoughts anyone? 
Share:

12 comments

  1. I also have quite the dark circles, always have them even when I get a good night sleep. So this has really intrigued me and I love that its in a pencil form. Need to look into it soon x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really useful product, I hope that you manage to find it xxx

      Delete
  2. My friend has the green CC stick and really likes it, I want to try a few. The colour of this is quite scary on your swatch, you'd definitely have to work it in! I have dark eyes no matter how long I sleep.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering picking up the green stick too so it's good to hear that your friend is enjoying it! It does draw on very pale but you only need a small ish amount and when you work it in, it really works to brighten up the under eye area. It's definitely worth a go if you suffer from dark circles xxx

      Delete
  3. I haven't really got any dark circles that need covered, but I am intrigued by the green pens. Just hope the green one is easier to spread around x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, I did swatch it but I can't remember what the consistency was like. Thanks for commenting Tamzin xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh I reaaaaallly like the look of these!! I love creamy concealers but they are fiddly while you're out and about. This little baby is finding its way into my bag ASAP :D

    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I hope you enjoy it Jemma! It really is a lovely little product and it's perfect for popping in your bag xxx

      Delete
  5. I just started college and started to have dark circles. This looks so good! Need to pick one from the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're enjoying college, despite the dark circles! Haha... I hope this works for you, it's a fab product xxx

      Delete
  6. I've really bad dark circles so I think this would be great for me! Need to try it out :) x

    My life as Anu | MAC Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig