Sunday 16 November 2014

What's in a word?

link
As bloggers, writers or serial tweeters, it's safe to say we've got a way with words. Whether it's likening powdery eye shadow to butter or using various expletives to describe our emotions over spilt sesame seeds. Words are our weapons. Okay, that sounds a bit heavy-handed, but you catch my drift. There's always a perfect word for every occasion, a bit like shoes, and hell if you can't find the right word to say or write, just make that shit up... If 'selfie' has made it's way into the dictionary, then I'm pretty sure there's no holds barred. 

What I'm about to write next is probably going to make me sound a few fruit loops shy of a bowl; however there are a tonne of words that I love/hate to say in equal measures. There's just something about the way some words roll off the tongue and I shan't lie, there have been occasions where Scott and I have sat rhyming off all the words we love and hate, for fun. So rock and roll. 

Just for fun, I thought I'd make a list of some of the good ens, along with some of the words that make me physically recoil when I say them. Here we go, (make sure you say them out loud!)

  • Kerfuffle
  • Flabbergasted
  • Effervescent
  • Discombobulate
  • Pamphlet
  • Aardvark
  • Illumination
  • Cumbersome
  • Glorification
  • Moist
  • Blob
  • Clotted
  • Glut
  • Clunge (Not technically a word, but still...)
  • Gurgle
  • Jugular
  • Phlegm
  • Fungal

I'm sure there are many, many more words that I've missed out from these lists. What are your thoughts, are there any words you love/hate? 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love your "love words" haha especially discombobulated it's just so fun to say! I am totally with you on the word moist, ugh just typing it is gross! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you like it Alina. Moist is definitely a cringe word. xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the word moist, it's so funny & fun to say! Lol. I hate when people say SLAY or YAASSS.

    Zoe xx

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig