Thursday 23 October 2014

A Haul Load of LUSH!


If you managed to catch my post on Monday, (you can read it here) you will know that I managed to pick up a few LUSH goodies at the weekend. Squeal. I can't believe I had lived in Finland for nearly eight months before I realised there was a LUSH shop in Helsinki - utter madness! In my defence, it is tucked away in some kind of shopping centre basement but I followed my nose and finally struck soapy gold. 
I managed to pick up a whole host of lovely bits and pieces, a mix of seasonal and standard LUSH products. Let's have a look shall we?


First up is the Christmas, limited edition Snow Fairy shower gel - a sweet, candy-scented shower gel with teeny tiny sparkly bits in it. This is the one everyone seems to rave about but I've never actually used it before - shock right!? However, at an eye-watering 30 Euros for the 500g bottle, I shelled out just shy of 20 Euros for the 250g bottle instead.. yes, it still hurts. Damn you Finland!



This pretty parcel is the Golden Wonder bath bomb. It's a citrusy burst of orange, lime and cognac oils - yes, I thought cognac was a drink for old gentlemen too! This is another one of the Christmas specials and see that orange bit... it's literally caked in sparkly gold stuff. My word, it gets everywhere! I can imagine it's going to be a messy one, but look how cute it is!


The Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub is an old favourite of mine. It's a gorgeous bright blue, sea salt scrub, infused with Jasmine, Lemon oils and orange flower... amongst other things. Why do I love this stuff? The smell is incredible for a start but not only that, this scrub is a great, little exfoliator and can apparently be used in the hair too to inject a burst of shine and volume - oo-er!


I'm pretty sure this beauty of a bubble bar needs no introductions... Its sweet, fruity, blackcurrent scent is a blend of Cassis absolute, bergamot and cypress oils. Crumble half of this bar under running water and you're left with a mound of frothy bubbles. And it's pink... Nuff said!



Next we have the Reindeer Rock Soap which pretty much includes the same smelly stuff as the Comforter, but with the addition of Lingonberries. This berry-scented soap has shimmery, silver reindeer engraved on the top which gives it a lovely festive vibe. Another one of the Christmas goodies - I actually used this one today and I have to say, I wish the lovely scent translated onto the skin more. I could barely smell it on my skin once dry. Not sure I like that fact, seeing as this bar of soap set me back a tenner! Ouch.


Behold the beautiful Northern Lights Bath Bomb. I was most excited about getting my mitts on this. It's part of the Halloween collection and fizzes an array of blues/purples and greens. The scent is jasmine and ylang-ylang, and although you can't tell from this picture, the bar actually has little stars embedded into it which I assume float around your bath once the bomb has done its business. I say assume as I won't actually get to find out as by the time I got home, the bomb had crumbled into a bazillion pieces in the bottom of the bag... gutted! I decided to have a peek online to see if this was a common problem and it turns out there's been a few of these snapping and breaking. Be careful if you pick one of these up!


Last but not least is the Candy Mountain Bubble Bar. A pink and white, vanilla scented treat from LUSH. It's also part of the Christmas product line up and reminds me ever so slightly of a candy cane... only it's pink, not red, but whatever... It smells so delicious and is covered in a frosty shimmer which I'm sure will give mounds of glittery, pink bubbles in my bath. Ahhmazing!


And that's all folks. Any thoughts on the bits that I managed to pick up and/or what LUSH treats are you loving/lusting after at the moment?
Share:

16 comments

  1. So many things I need now! I am longing for a new shower scrub and some of the christmas bath bombs!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this with all of the LUSH hauls going on lately... So much lust! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the comforter. I am so sad to be missing out on the halloween themed bath items since i have no LUSH close by and i am at the moment to busy to drive for 1 1/2 hours to a place where they do have them. My all time favourite as far as bath bombs is concerned is the Lush Butterball. Looks not so special, no special effects but my skin is sooo perfect after that for like at least 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly picked up the Butterball. It was on my list as it seems right up my street - they have the cute Butterbear too which I think is the same product, just re-shaped. I was seriously tempted and more so now that you say how soft it leaves your skin! I love the Rub scrub for that reason, my skin always feels amazing after it!! xxx

      Delete
  3. I also had a trip to Lush recently and did a mini haul today :D great mind think alike they say! Golden Wonder and Candy Mountain are also some of my purchases and I can't wait to use them! The Comforter is one of my all time favourites and I'm planning on picking up Northern Lights on my next visit! Great post x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for LUSH hauls! I'm gonna head on over and have a peek at what you treated yourself to! Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  4. You really have me craving a lush haul now haha ! The minute snow fairy is incorporated into my shower mornings is when I know that Christmas is really on the way! Love the candy mountain bubble bar too:) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, sorry! Ha ha.. It's so funny as Snow Fairy really isn't a Christmassy scent, but I get what you mean. I'm so excited to try the bubble bars - my faves! xxx

      Delete
  5. What the hell, how did i not know either there was a lush in helsinki?! Amazing find haha! Love all your bits your picked up, snowfairy is the best! I am after all the halloween and christmas bath bombs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! I was having a right old rant in a blog post about the fact that there wasn't a LUSH store in Finland and then I thought, I'd better just double check and low and behold, there it was! I would never have found it if I hadn't looked online. Even had to get the map up on my phone when I was in Helsinki as it was in some dingy basement of a building. I don't have a clue why it's not up on the main street?? Anyway, all the Halloween and Christmas stuff is amazing! There's so much more that I want to buy!! xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh my... I want all of this. I have never tried Lush but I want to. Are there any products you recommend trying for those who have never done it before? I LOVE me a good bath, so all of this just seems amazing and relaxing!

    - D xo | dreamandexhale.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, LUSH is great! It really depends what kind of scent you like and what you're looking to get from the product. The bath bombs are so fun but I love the bubble bars because they give so many lovely bubbles. The Rub shower scrub is one I always go back to because it works wonders for my skin. It's not the most exciting product, but it smells great and really scrubs away dead skin cells and leaves my skin super smooth! xxx

      Delete
  7. I love all of these products, except the soap and the Northern Lights bath bomb, but that's only because I haven't tried them, I'm sure I'd love them! 20 Euros for that bottle of Snow Fairy?! I think Lush is expensive in the UK, that must hurt!! xxx

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Ami, it still hurts now when I look at it! I'm going to try and stock up next time I'm in the UK to save myself, (and my bank card) the pain xxx

      Delete
  8. Lush is so expensive here in Finland! And the shop is so hard to find if you don't know exactly where it is. When I visited there around Easter, I spent an hour just looking for the shop! If you're going to buy some more Lush products, just letting you know that it's cheaper to order straight form lush.co.uk than buy it from Finland :) xx

    My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nightmare to find isn't it!! I know, I think I will definitely order online or just wait until I am in the UK. Everything I love is so expensive in Finland!! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig