Wednesday 1 October 2014

Inglot Rouge à Lèvres


Do you know the lipstick you forgot you had? Well, this is it for me. I picked up this Inglot lipstick a few months ago, along with one of Inglot's Freedom System palettes which you can read the review of here

I opted for shade number 121 which is a dusky rose/pink colour, and it's worth pointing out that Inglot offer a humongous choice of colours in their lipstick range so the world is really your oyster here. Here's a selection of photos of the Rouge à Lèvres swatched. 

In shade
In natural light
In natural light
This lipstick has quite a frosty finish which doesn't translate particularly well in pictures and means photographing the true nature of the shade can be quite tricky. In the light, this lipstick really shimmers as it contains lots of teeny tiny sparkly bits which are all but microscopic. 


Pigmentation wise, I can't fault Inglot. You get a generous wash of colour with a single swipe and you only need one or two swipes for a pretty full coverage. The formula, whilst being fairly creamy, is a little more on the matte side than I tend to lean. I feel that it drys my lips out ever so slightly and reminds me why I tend to stick with glossier formulas. I think that if you usually opt for a matte lippie, then this would be more up your street.

In terms of wear, I find that this lipstick requires a bit more effort than others in my collection and perhaps that's part and parcel of why it's been relatively forgotten about over the last few weeks. I'm never really blown away by frosty finishes and without prior exfoliation, this lipstick clings to anything and everything like a Big Brother contestant clings to their five minutes of fame. After a while, I also find that the product tends to build up around the outer corners and where my lips meet, giving that dreaded line that most lipstick wearers fear. Frequent touch ups are essential to get a good wear out of this. That being said, I do really, and I mean really, love the smell of this Inglot lipstick. It's fruity - possibly raspberry scented which isn't too overpowering but there enough that you occasionally catch a pleasant whiff. The packaging is also sleek yet sturdy and the fact that it's quiet weighty makes it feel expensive. 


All in all, it's a decent offering from Inglot; however I'm pretty confident that this isn't going to be one of my go-to shades, nor is it ever going to sit proudly amongst my favourites. I'm a cremesheen, moisture finish type of girl and that's not going to be changing any time soon!

Have you tried any of Inglot's lipsticks, if so, what are your thoughts? What is your favourite finish for lipstick?
Share:

2 comments

  1. I don't think I even released that Inglot made lipsticks! It's a very lovely colour though it may not have that wow factor. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I don't know a huge amount about Inglot either. I only discovered them a few months ago in Helsinki. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig