Wednesday 11 February 2015

Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencils




Seriously delayed post alert! Several weeks ago, I finally caved and ended up purchasing two of the Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencils. I had been toying with the idea for a while, especially since reading the bazillion reviews of them scattered all over the internet. The shades I picked up were, In With Coral (The brighter of the two) and Minimalist which I featured previously in a MAC dupe post. These were pretty much the only shades available at the counter otherwise I would have definitely picked up Nude Perfection, Keep It Classy and Berry Much too. 


Minimalist is a dusky pink shade with small, shimmery pieces running through it and In With Coral is a bright, coral pink. Both shades are heavenly. Both shades have a matte finish, and the quality of these lip pencils are enough to have me singing from the rooftops! Fan. Tastic. 

In With Coral is perhaps slightly more creamier than Minimalist; however they both refrain from drying out the lips too much, as is often the case with matte products, and actually feel borderline balmy instead. I find that Minimalist needs to be reapplied more often than the coral shade which is probably due to the fact that it is less intense; however that being said, you do get decent wear out of these lipsticks, considering they're less than a fiver each. 

Would I repurchase? You betcha. Would I recommend them to a friend? Absolutely. The Color Drama Lip Pencils from Maybelline receive a huge thumbs up from me. Thoughts anyone?
Share:

16 comments

  1. These are really gorgeous I can't believe I still haven't tried these!
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finally picked them up. They're just so simple and easy to use xxx

      Delete
  2. Love the first shade, sooo pretty!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shade choice with these pencils is great xxx

      Delete
  3. I love these lip pencils, they are just amazing! I only have a dark berry shade from winter so I will have to look into picking up a few more soon. Minimalist is next on my list x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minimalist is fab, I love it. It's such a great every day shade xxx

      Delete
  4. I have the shade nude perfection and I was impressed with how creamy it is, considering it's a lip pencil. Lovely everyday colour too. But I admit I don't reach for it much. I wish it was a roll up packaging. I don't like the thought of having to sharpen it. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one thing that held me back from buying these right away. I really wish they were roll up too. I haven't had to sharpen them yet but I'm nearly there with Minimalist. I feel it may be a messy job but I just love the finish and colour payoff of these xxx

      Delete
  5. I have two shades from this range and I love them, I need to pick some more! The In with Coral looks like a gorgeous Summer shade! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, which shades do you have already? I agree with you on the coral shade, I'm sure I will be rocking this so much in the warmer months xxx

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful colours!

    http://thegaragestarlets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sound amazing, gorgeous colours too! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the look of these, they do look surprisingly creamy in your swatch picture and I really like the shades (even though they were the only ones available ;) )

    Laura || Laura London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coral shade is definitely the creamier of the two but I was also surprised at the formula when I sampled them. They are so comfortable to wear and I'll definitely be picking up some more shades if I can hunt them down xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig