Friday 6 February 2015

My Current Skin Care Routine - Liz Earle





It was my birthday in January and I was lucky enough to receive the much coveted Liz Earle Skincare Daily Essentials Kit which includes the infamous Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Scott did good, (Although I did leave 46,986 hints and actually went with him to buy it but shhhh.. I'm going to give him this one!)

I featured the Hot Cloth Cleanser in a recent beauty wish list post which you can read here, and it seems that every beauty blogger in the land has something positive to say about this cult beauty buy, so I just knew I needed to put it to work on my face. Here's what you get in the kit:

 Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - 100ml

 Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - 200ml

 Liz Earle Skin Repair Mosituriser Normal/Combination - 50ml

 2 x Muslin Cloths

Plus a freebie bottle of Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion - 150ml

I'm going to start with this. Hands up, I don't love the smell. The Hot Cloth Cleanser contains Eucalyptus oil which reminds me of a decongestant, the tonic smells funky and the moisturiser has a pretty waxy scent. BUT, we're just going to sweep that right to one side because HOLY cheese sandwich, this stuff works! And I mean really, really works. My skin has never felt or looked so good. 

With ingredients such as Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E and Chamomile - To name but a few, it's no wonder my skin is practically singing and dancing right off my face. It's about as happy as I feel when ASOS drop a sale email into my inbox. My skin feels beautifully soft, clear and probably the cleanest it has ever been. 

The application process is also achingly simple. Here's how I use it all:

1. First, I remove the majority of my make up using a Simple face wipe. I know we're not supposed to love these but I like to take the majority of my slap off using this method. 

2. Massage the Cleanse & Polish into dry skin. Covering the eyes, skin and neck.

3. Rinse the muslin cloth in hot water from the tap, (don't get silly with boiling water now guys!) and wring out the excess water before 'polishing' off the cream. Basically, give your face a wipe!

4. Rinse face with cold water and pat dry.

5. Apply a generous amount of the Instant Boost Skin Tonic to a cotton pad and sweep it over your face and neck. 

6. Apply the Eyebright to two cotton pads and gently wipe over the eye area. I usually only do this step in the morning. 

7. Slather face and neck in the Skin Repair Moisturiser and gently massage it into the skin.

Voila! You're good to go. Excluding step 6, I complete these steps both in the morning and the evening. It takes me a minimal amount of time and effort which gives it a huge tick in my book. 

I'm so pleased I finally got around to giving the Liz Earle Skin Care range a go and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking of mixing up their skin care routine. 

What are your thoughts on any of the products I have mentioned above? Have you tried any of the Liz Earle skin care range?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I used liz earle skincare a few years ago and I loved it but since developing eczema and I haven't been able to use it since :( x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a shame. I guess whatever works best for your skin is the most important thing xxx

      Delete
  2. Liz Earle was my first proper skincare routine a few years back, but like you I didn't particularly love the scent and once I got my Clarisonic I moved on to other brands. It was lovely whilst using it though and I love that they always offer a free gift if you buy the 3 step x

    Beauty with charm | REALASH Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that the only thing lacking with this product is the scent but if my skin is happy, I'm happy haha! I'd love to see what your current routine is though. Have you posted any skincare routines lately? xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig