Wednesday 25 February 2015

A Week's Worth of Waffle!


Well hello there... It's been a while! Apologies for being M.I.A since last week but I've been gallivanting around the UK, stuffing my face with every Gregg's Cheese & Onion pasty that I can lay my hands on. My official reasons for visiting were to join in with Scott's sister's 21st birthday celebrations and to tick some more wedding-shaped items off the to-do list, but we all know that indulging in a few home comforts is par for the course. 

The most exciting thing about landing in the UK, (besides catching up with friends and family of course) is the fact that Scott and I got to go shopping! It's well known that hitting the 'high-street' in Finland has often reduced me to tears, (and not in a good way!) So being able to breathe River Island air and getting lost amid Superdrug's shelving made my heart very happy indeed. I doubt the same could be said for Scott's wallet, but we shan't go there. 

From her vodka cranberry fuelled, happy face; it was clear to see that Scott's sister had a blast at her 21st party. Oh to be 21 years young again. *Absolutely no level of bitterness whatsoever...ahem* It was lovely to be able to celebrate with her as we always miss out on family birthdays and events living away, plus I'm never one to sniff at an egg sandwich-laden buffet. As you can imagine, Scott and I spent the entire evening answering the following three questions:

1. How's the wedding planning coming along?

2. How's Finland?

3. What have you been up to whilst you've been home?

If I had my wits about me, I would have remembered to pack a voice recorder and saved my poor Layrnx (Yes, I Googled voice box for the official terminology) a thrashing. My voice currently resembles that of a middle-aged man with a 40-a-day fag habit, which no matter how hard I try to work it, really isn't attractive at all. In my head I was channeling a sultry, husky vibe but Scott said I sounded like a walrus and so that was that. 

Back to the shopping side of things because I know there's a few of you that will be itching for a peek, here's a look at some of the goodies I managed to get my mitts on:

First up is this beaut from Lush

Mother Superior Bubble Bar - Lush
All I'm going to say on this is, if you're thinking of buying it, do it! It smells divine. Perfect for relaxing after a stressful day. 

We hit the HUGE Forever 21 store in Glasgow on Friday and I came away with these gorgeous pieces... It's evident I'm refusing to accept it's still snowing in Finland!

Doesn't appear to be online just yet - sorry!
here
here
I'd been looking for an over-sized white shirt that was soft, instead of the usual stiff, shirt material (oo-er) and found this bargain from George at Asda...

here
New Look Bags - here & here
Topshop Skirt
Topshop Jeans
Miss Selfridge Shoes
Plus a whole host of beauty goodies...



The GOSH eye shadow palettes were on offer in Superdrug - 2 for £10 on all eye products until the 10th of March. I ended up getting the smaller palette free as a result. Well worth checking out beauty lovers! 
Phew... Now that's out of the way I was going to fill you in on our less than conventional journey back to Finland; however I realised that this post is reaching epic proportions and so I'll save that particular tale for a rainy day. Forgive me for the heavy dose of waffle today - it's like catching up with an old friend I guess. 

How has your weekend been? Have you been up to anything exciting or splashing the cash on anything new? I can't wait to catch up on the mountain of blog posts I've missed over the last week. Wish me luck! 
Share:

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. They have such a great selection at the moment! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a fab time in the UK, such amazing goodies ahhh! I love forever 21, London being the closest is so annoying, that top is gorgeous!! Love the beauty goodies too, i did the same when i lived in Finland they just havent cottoned on to fashion yet haha! Also loving the new blog layout :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole.. I always return to Finland with bulging suitcases! I rarely shop in Forever 21 as there often aren't stores near to where I'm living but I was really impressed with the amount of nice things that they had to offer xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, you sure did have fun, didn't you? I'm so happy you got a chance to visit home, catch up, party, eat and of course, most importantly, SHOP! I'm going on a trip to the US next month to do some shopping and the anticipation is REAL. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the shopping opportunities are infinitely more exciting in America than they are in the UK! *Not jealous at all..cough* It's always great to visit home though, even if we are running around stressed, trying to fit everything in! xxx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely lost it at that Lush bath bomb. Its little face! I'm in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Looks like you've had plenty of fun. That white/beige clutch from New look is stunning, must have that one! Those shoes are to die for aswell.. you have an impeccable taste ;)

    Laura || Laura London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, it's good to back to business. New Look had some lovely pieces in when I went shopping and to hell with the fact that there's still snow on the ground in Finland, I'm rocking a pink heel regardless! ;) xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig