Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Touch Of Silver




Wahey, it's an impulse purchase on the blog today. Please rise for the stupendously gorgeous, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl liner in 010 Silver. (Featured in my Drug Store Haul post.) 

I didn't really know what I was doing when I started picking up the Scandaleyes pencils and began scribbling them all over my hands and arms. I only came for the Wake Me Up concealer and somehow I ended up tumbling down a glitter-coated rabbit hole. I mean, no one ever really needs a silver eye liner do they? But I swatched it, and it was pretty and so home with me it came.



First things first, this stuff is ridiculously good. We're talking a one swipe wonder here. It's thick, creamy and blendable which all make my heart sing when it comes to a kohl eye pencil. I've been playing around with this, trying to incorporate it into various make up looks, (smokey eye highlight, I'm looking at you) and I almost struggle to believe that this is a bargain buy product. Once it's on, it isn't going anywhere either. So much so, that this liner borders on difficult to remove without a decent make up remover. I'm definitely willing to put up with this though for budge-proof brilliance. 

So really, silver? 

Okay, admittedly I didn't opt for the most wearable shade of the bunch. I did spend several minutes toying with the Brown pencil before popping it back because it wasn't too dissimilar from the MAC Teddy kohl I'd picked up a few weeks earlier. I'm a billion percent going to pick up the Black shade next time I'm home, and possibly Taupe and Nude too. You can see how things escalate every time I'm within eye-contact of Boots. 

Have you tried the Rimmel Scandaleyes pencils? If so, what are your thoughts or are there any other kohl liners that you would recommend? 
Share:

8 comments

  1. This is so pretty, I have the black version and it's so creamy but lasts such a long time!
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really want the black version!! xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks stunning and I think you did right to pick up the silver! It's something different, yet remains subtle? & I bet it really brightens up the eyes :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Karen, it's great for an inner corner highlight. xxx

      Delete
  3. I love Scandaleyes liners, so creamy! I have a black one & the nude version which is great for the waterline as it instantly brightens the eye area. Will have to look for one of the glittery ones though as I really like this shade x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to pick up both of these shades. I think Rimmel hit it out of the park with these liners xxx

      Delete
  4. How pigmented is that for a liner! It looks like it has such a nice texture compared to some liners. Going to have a look at the range on payday x

    Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely do.. The quality is brilliant for such a reasonable price. I'll definitely be picking up the other shades xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig