Tuesday 17 February 2015

Lips - The Reds


I'm back and I've been digging through my lip products collection again to bring you a run-down of my lipstick wardrobe. This time it's the reds. I have to admit, whilst I do love a red lip, I don't own a vast number of red lipsticks. I tend to stick to quite a specific shade and you'll notice that the majority of these are very 'samey'. Red lips are the ultimate statement lip for me and I always reach for one of these shades when I want to vamp up my look.


From Left to Right:

♥️ I Heart Makeup The Wow Stick - Call Me

♥️ Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy - 340 Envious (Full Review)

♥️ MAC Lustre - Cockney 

♥️ Makeup Revolution Lip Hug - I am ready! (Full Review)

♥️ Makeup Revolution Lig Hug - Who we are! (Full Review)

♥️ Dior Addict Lipstick - 754 Pandore (Full Review)

♥️ Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Contouring Pencil - 021 Red Dynamite

My top tips for red lips are:

1. Find the right shade that works for your skin tone. If you're fairly pale, like me, I would avoid reds with an orange hue and stick to something more pinkish toned. 

2. Always, always, always blot when applying red lipstick to avoid it slipping and transferring onto your teeth. Nightmare!

3. A matte red lipstick is less likely to smudge or move around on your lips than a creamier formula. Always use a lip liner in a similar colour to help combat the risk of your lip product sliding onto your face. Not a good look!

4. A blue-toned red will give the illusion of having whiter teeth. 

What are your top tips for red lips and which shade do you swear by? Share your thoughts in the comments below. 

Make sure you stop by and check out my nude lips post here
Share:

6 comments

  1. Red has to be my all time favourite lip shade :) I actually don't have any of these, eek! I find blue-toned ones suit me best overall :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think reds top many people's fave lists... Got to love a statement lip. xxx

      Delete
  2. you have such a big collection im so jealous! great tips too :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/believe-in-yourself.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy... I feel like it's such a baby collection compared to some. xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shades although I'm more of a nude lip kind of girl x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig