Thursday 19 February 2015

I Killed A Carrot


If you've occasionally dabbled in this blog then you may be no stranger to the fact that I'm somewhat horticulturally challenged. My best plants are plastic and I would be lying if I said that there isn't a pot of roses sitting on my balcony that have entered the early stages of fossilisation. I often wonder if my incompetence reflects on my future ability to parent, but I swiftly stuff that thought back into a dark corner of my mind and continue in comfortable denial. 

Today's story centers around the above carrot. I suppose you could label it as a failed experiment because that's pretty much what you see here. I fancy myself as a bit of a science nerd and when the opportunity arose for me to cultivate a sprouting root-vegetable, I rose to the occasion. Like the stellar housewife that I am, I hadn't cleared out the vegetable drawer of my refrigerator in just about long enough for the majority of the contents to become unrecognisable, leading Scott and I to play a twisted game of, 'guess what I used to be!' The object that stood out the most to me was this carrot, which actually looked more along the lines of this: (Excuse the poor quality, but this was the most accurate image I could find.) 

 
Hanging on to it, I decided I would give it a prime spot on my kitchen window sill in order to see what would become of this flourishing fiend, only to find the next day that its health had taken a nose dive. The proud, white sprouts had shriveled up into non-existence and went to show that I'd essentially killed my pet carrot. Even a return to the fridge couldn't revive the poor soul and I therefore had to admit defeat. On a positive note, I'm 90% sure that I can add, 'Destroyer of Living Things' as a bona fide skill on my CV. 

And with that, I shall leave you with the results of my earlier Google image search that have no relation to this series of events but are definitely worth a mention...

source
source
source
source
Share:

4 comments

  1. hahah your posts always make me laugh, i love this. id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/dr-organic-bioactive-skincare.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! I loved, loved, loved this post :-D Lexie X

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig