Friday 20 February 2015

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer



Confession - I never intended to buy this concealer! I'd been eyeing up the Rimmel Wake Me Up for a while and headed down to my local make up shop to scout it out. Typically, it doesn't appear to be available in Finland, (correct me if I'm wrong) so after sampling what was on offer, I opted for the Fit Me concealer from Maybelline instead.   

I wanted a shade that was a touch lighter than my skin tone so that I could use it as a highlighting type concealer that would also give me fairly reasonable coverage. Luckily, I rarely suffer from breakouts but I do tend to suffer from darker, under-eye circles and so brightening up that area is a must for me. 



I think I made a good choice regarding the shade. I went for number 15 which is described as Fair. The formula is lightweight yet creamy and blends seamlessly into the skin to give a natural finish. If you're looking for a full-coverage concealer to hide severe acne, then this probably isn't going to cut it for you; however as a overall face-brightener and eraser of dark circles, this works a treat. 

You don't need a huge amount of this product and I find that a smaller amount works best around the eyes as layering up the product leads to creasing. The small applicator is perfect for pinpointing where you need to apply and I usually blend it in using my fingers or a blending brush. One thing I would recommend is setting this with powder after you have finished applying as this reduces slippage and I find it lasts much longer this way. 

The fact that this concealer retails for around £6 is a massive winner and if you're looking for medium coverage that won't break the bank, then this is a strong contender. Let me know if you've tried the Fit Me concealer from Maybelline. I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment box below. 
Share:

20 comments

  1. I've heard a lot of reviews about this being compared to the ever so popular NARS version (which I actually couldn't get a good match for) so will have to pick this up soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, how annoying that you couldn't get a match for the NARS! If you do pick this up, I hope you enjoy it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. i use this concealer nearly everyday and i do quite like it but i don't find it quite high coverage enough for under the eyes, but i do quite like it's creamy consistency - great post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I find it does a good job on me but there's no such thing as a product that works for everyone I guess. Thanks for sharing your views lovely xxx

      Delete
  3. This looks like a great concealer! I've had some good experiences with Maybelline products, so I might pick this one up at some point :)

    xx Susan
    Growing Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline has blown me away lately... So impressed with their products! xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this but the formula looks really nice - I really need to try more concealers as I haven't found a good one for me yet.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find concealers, foundations and mascaras to be the tricky ones to get right.. everyone has such different tastes, it's always hard to find the one that is exactly right for you! xxx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a goodie! I always hear amazing things about this concealer!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many raves about this concealer but have never bit the bullet and purchased. Def on my to-buy list :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck if you decide to pick it up :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I was looking at this yesterday but didn't know if it was any good! Now reading this I'm off to get some, thanks!!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome lovely.. I hope you enjoy it xxx

      Delete
  8. I love this concealer... definitely my favourite one from the drugstore. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard nothing but good things about this concealer - I will have to try it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't used it in ages, but this is a really great concealer. I just ran out of concealer actually but of course, I opted to purchase one of the new Mac concealer duos...the need to always try something new, you know how it is. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how it is haha... I'm always buying things I definitely don't need! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig