Thursday 5 February 2015

New - Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara


If you caught my drug store haul post last week, you will have noticed that I picked up the latest mascara offering from Maybelline. This sugary sweet, pink tube is the Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara in Black and it's a stunner. Whoever designed this one deserves a pat on the back. Well played Maybelline.

In a surge of attempting to reduce my make up spendage, (yes, feel free to roll your eyes) I decided to try and incorporate more purse-friendly pieces into my daily make up routine, which led me to getting my hands on this. I'm not going to lie, I originally went in store to scout out the Miss Manga mascara from L'Oreal but was instantly put off by its bendy brush... I like a stiff one. 

Moving swiftly on, the wand has a plastic brush instead of a bristle brush which I always feel have the tendency to cause clumping; however this does a really great job of applying a generous, yet even slick of black all over those lashes. Next to no clumpage to be seen. Result. The brush is smaller than I would have usually opted for but that being said, I find it really easy to work with and super handy to get those fiddly inner corner and lower lashes. As you can see, the brush itself is curved in shape and contains varying bristle lengths to coat every last lash. 

A couple of coats of this product gives me beautifully plump and lengthened lashes which is long-lasting and durable; and not a speck of flaking to be seen. In a nutshell, a super little purchase. I'm truly impressed with this product and if you're on the hunt for a new mascara that isn't going to break the bank, I would absolutely recommend giving this a whirl . I'll be saving my more expensive products for the evenings and rocking this budget beaut in between. I shall leave you with a picture of it on my peepers:


Crazy, serious expression sold separately. 
Share:

19 comments

  1. Love the packaging. I haven't tried any new Maybelline mascaras for a while now but this looks like something I'd like!
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product. I've been so impressed with Maybelline lately xxx

      Delete
  2. This is top of my list at the moment, it sounds perfect :) Lovely photos by the way!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I hope you get your hands on it soon :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I actually really like plastic wand and love the shape of this, so will definitely be picking it up soon! x

    Beauty with charm | REALASH Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're growing on me... I'm actually really impressed with the wand of this mascara. Hope you get your hands on it soon and it works for you! xxx

      Delete
  4. I love a plastic wand, this looks really lovely on - your lashes look really well separated, too, which I really like!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was definitely impressed at how well this mascara applies. I hate when lashes clump together xxx

      Delete
  5. the packaging is so cute and the product looks amazing on your eyes!! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/a-beautiful-spa-day-with-holland-and.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'm going to have to try this! The packaging is so pretty too

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybelline has the best mascaras! I'm still waiting for the rocket volume mascara to come out in Australia, this one looks like a awesome one as well that will be added to my wish list!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've tried many mascaras from maybelline, or if I have, it was a long time ago. I'm so impressed with this one though and I'm really glad I picked it up. I hope you manage to get your hands on the ones that you're lusting after xxx

      Delete
  8. I just used this this morning and was like "WOW!", it's so so good! Enjoyed reading your review and discovering that others are liking it too :) xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that's great that you're loving it too! It's good to see a really nice product getting lots of positive reviews xxx

      Delete
  9. Have heard great things about this mascara and it looks great!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, overuse of the word great there!!

      Delete
    2. Haha, it's so great and I completely agree that it looks great too! Thanks for leaving such a great comment darling! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig