Thursday 26 February 2015

My Current Makeup Storage


First up, I must apologise for the terrible images. It's either retina-burning levels of sunny at the moment or the sun doesn't surface in Finland, so trying to get usable images of anything is a small feat in itself. 

I've been lusting after clear, acrylic storage for my make up bits and pieces for what feels like a lifetime. Living in Finland, it's been difficult to find anything worth parting cash for but I finally struck gold a couple of weeks ago in the local stationary shop. (Suomalainen if there's any Finland dwellers amongst us.) 

I invested in two, clear acrylic drawer sets and an acrylic pencil pot. Here's my set up:


1. Lip crayons, chubby lip pencils and glosses

2. Single eye shadows and mascara

3. Primers, concealers and cream/liquid highlighters

4. Lipstick

5. Lesser used lipsticks and cream blush sticks

6. Blusher, powders and bronzers 

7. Eye liner pencils, lip pencils and brow pencils 

Foundations resting on the top with my Lush lip scrub and a Makeup Revolution Blushing Heart blusher. This houses the make up I use on a regular basis. 


The desk and mirror are both IKEA wonders. The large drawer contains clear boxes with all my lesser used make up stored in them as well as other beauty bits such as false eyelashes, scissors, brush cleaner and spare cotton pads/makeup wipes etc. 

The smaller drawer holds a pot for hair accessories and is also home to all of my makeup palettes. Underneath the small drawer is a larger cupboard area which contains all of my nail varnish in a recycled gift box, plus my hairdryer and straighteners. 


Sitting on top of my desk, I have a clear storage box from IKEA which is where I keep my LUSH soaps and bath bombs and on top of that, also from IKEA, I have one of the plant pots that pretty much every blogger owns. In it, I keep my make up brushes and sponges. 

Along my jam-packed window sill, sits all of my perfumes, skin care products and hair products, such as my dry shampoo and hairspray. (Plus some fake flowers that will be able to withstand my terrible not-so green fingers!)

There's so many gorgeous storage bits and pieces on the market lately. I know if I lived in the UK, I would definitely have a much more extravagant arrangement! 

How do you store all of your make up and beauty items? Are you a fan of the clear, acrylic storage trend?
Share:

10 comments

  1. Oooh I do love seeing peoples dressing table and make up storage set up! I absolutely love the acrylic storage trend just like every other beauty blogger - it just looks so sleek and professional. Can't beat Ikea for furniture either - it's a bloggers dream in there!

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, if only IKEA started doing amazing acrylic storage... Million dollar idea right there! xxx

      Delete
  2. I really need to invest in some clear acrylic drawers! Honestly my makeup tends to be all over the place - although I keep a lot of it in makeup bags. One for everyday makeup and the rest in a bigger bag.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying storage like this was the best thing I did in terms of housing my make up. It saves me so much time getting ready as I'm not rummaging through make up bags to find what I need. I'd definitely recommend investing in some if you're thinking about it xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the acrylic drawers, they always look so simple and chic. Also those plant pots are lovely!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree Jasmine. Plus they're so convenient and easy to use xx

      Delete
  4. I only have a small acrylic drawer for my lipsticks, but lately I've been thinking that I need to get a bigger one for all my make up since every piece of make up that I own is all over the place right now. xo Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck upsizing... I hate having messy make up; although I'm definitely guilty of it now and again. I can never find anything that I need and that stresses me out so much, especially when I'm in a rush! xxx

      Delete
  5. Your makeup looks so well organised! Love it :)x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig