Wednesday 15 July 2015

The Holy Grail Gel Liner

I'm hitting you with a bold statement today - a holy grail product, they're not often come by but when they do find their way into your lives, all you want to do is scream from the rooftops and tell everyone to go buy it!

Today's post is probably going to be quite shouty, FYI.

So, what are we looking at? Behold the really rather boring-looking pot of Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in shade Black Ink. 


Yep, nothing special in terms of looks, it's a black liner, no frills or bells and whistles, and to be truthful, it doesn't need it. I could try and convince you how great this product is, but chances are, you've likely already stumbled across one of the many rave reviews that's floating about in cyberspace, so I shan't bother - but what I will do is use as many adjectives as I can possibly recall to make sure I profess my love in a way that a holy grail product surely deserves.

Since purchasing the Long-Wear Gel Liner a few months ago, my winged-liner game has gone from strength to strength. My tool of choice, an angled brush, has made perfecting a fierce, feline flick almost a doddle. The gel itself is creamy but thick enough that it doesn't smear all over your face, and controlled application is what you get. 

One thing I must point out is that this isn't the, 'blackest' of liners, despite its Black Ink shade name. I find that a good quality brush is half of the job, I used a cheapy to begin with and I immediately knew I needed to invest in something better as it just wasn't giving me the finish I craved. With a decent brush, and a couple of coats, you can get a true black finish, it's not a one swipe wonder but I don't mind putting in a little extra leg work for a clean, sharp look. 

The Long-Wear liner really does what it says on the tin, once it's on, it 'aint going anywhere. I can't vouch for wear on the waterline as I, (mostly) try to avoid lining there, but on the lids, it's totally smudge and budge proof. 

This love affair is going strong, and neither of us are going to be parting ways any time soon!

What are your thoughts on the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - Have you tried it or do you have a perfect partner in crime to nail that winged liner look?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig