Friday 17 July 2015

Let's Get Real

My name is Kirsty, I'm 5ft 5, I have brown hair that I'm forever wanting to shave off entirely and my eyes are blue. I'm a healthy weight; although I've always wanted to lose that, extra couple of pounds

My life isn't perfect.

I don't own a cat, nor are my eye brows ever on 'fleek'. I don't want to be a mermaid, or ride around on a unicorn, shitting glitter. I have a freckle in between my ring and middle finger and my lips are slightly thinner at one side. 

I have never owned a car, a house, or pushed a tiny human out of my vaj. I don't have a perfect relationship, but I love my fiance more than I could ever realistically put into words, despite the fact that he infuriates me on a regular basis. We fight, we fall out, we kiss and make up, I'm pretty sure there's a song out there to that effect.

I don't have any blogging BFFs, but what I do have is a bunch of people whom I respect, admire and know to be positively wonderful. I'm not 'living the dream' I'm an expat in a small town where I don't speak the language, have a limited handful of friends and occasionally feel like a square peg in a round hole. 

I grew up in a town that is famous for its poor football club and ratio of pound shops to people. I know what it's like to fall in with the wrong crowd and I once set fire to someone's shoe at school. (Yes, I got majorly bollocked!) 

I have a scar on my right knee and a freckle on the side of my stomach that looks like the painting of Simba as a cub from the Lion King. I know every word to Bad Touch by the Bloodhound Gang and I often wish my singing voice was as strong as my love for karaoke. 

I'm a worrier, I don't like sudden change or feeling like things are out of my control. I've questioned my place on this Earth and I'm a true believer that we're not alone. My hearts beats to my own rhythm. I have a hunger for scientific knowledge and I have a strange fascination with space. 

I'm ever so slightly long-sighted and my nose has a kink in it. I don't like Nutella, peanut butter or strong coffee. I can't eat a strawberry that is too soft or an apple all the way to its core. I was once hooked on Cosmopolitan cocktails with a splash on pineapple juice in them and I have also attempted to eat a whole block of cheese whilst drunk.

I'm forgetful and an avid list-maker. I don't like feet but I go weak at the knees for a nice pair of shoes. I'm not a fierce, independent woman, I can take care of myself but I love sharing my life with other people. My heart belongs to two, furry guinea pigs and I will never understand anyone who doesn't believe that animals should be treated with respect. 

I cry... a lot and I have trouble with the fact that I invest myself emotionally into everything that I do. I'm passionate and have a fiery nature. I stand true to what I believe in and I can argue my point until I've forgotten what my point even is. I'm overly sensitive to cold and I always smudge my nails whenever I can be bothered to paint them. 

I'm never going to be a style icon or be the envy of others, I don't want those things. I'm just me, a 27 year old pizza lover with a laptop and a desire to type nonsense. With all the bright lights and glamour in blogging, I feel it's important to remember that we're all human when you strip back the Pipdig template and catchy title. 

My life isn't perfect, but it's mine and I'm going to spend every day living it to the fullest!


...as soon as I finish this cup of tea and change out of my pjs!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig