Tuesday 28 July 2015

Sucking at Blogging!

Hello strangers, remember me? I have two defences for my partial blog abandonment. Firstly, it's been a 'big' weekend in small town Kotka - Once again it was host to the annual maritime festival, loosely translated as a large piss up in a field, a football stadium and along many of the streets. Of course, it would be rude not to get on board. I won't bore you with the details as you can read all about last year's Meripaivat festival here, but it was a busy one. My second excuse is that I've been ill. Most likely in relation to the first point but either way, I have been stuck in this perma-hangover/sickness bug state since Friday and it really isn't ideal.

In news that I'm not entirely sure how I feel about, I fly back to the UK on Thursday morning. I know I should be excited, and I sort of am, but I know that it's going to be just over five weeks of non-stop, insufferable mayhem, plus I have to leave Scott and the pigs behind, which majorly sucks. 

Also, the pre-wedding jitters have started, and hell - they're relentless! People keep saying, 'oh you must be so excited, your wedding is so soon!' and I'm like, bitch get me a stiff drink! Am I broken? I feel like I should be prancing, (cause all happy people prance) and sprinkling wedding cheer wherever I go, but in reality I'm a nervous wreck, I can't concentrate on anything and my mind is racing with hundreds of fuck my life scenarios, that should I take the time to write down, could probably form a television drama, mini-series. 

Are you ready for the ultimate bride-to-be, sinful comment?

I kinda can't wait until it's all over and we can just get back to a shred of normality. Yep, I'm going to wedding hell. 

In lesser, crazy person news, I will get around to posting the rest of my Finnish Road Trip blog posts. Just as soon as I peel my head out of my asshole. In addition to panicking about going home, Scott and I are also in the process of packing up our life in Finland. It's time for us to move on, just quite where hasn't been formally pinned down yet. We've been hanging in limbo, waiting on a contract for what feels like a lifetime. I guess this accounts for half of the stress that we're both under, BUT, I'm praying that the end is nigh and in several days, I'll be able to spill the beans on where we're heading to next. Teaser: it'll be somewhere a lot less snowy, (and rainy) than Finland! 

Finally, I just really want to tell you guys to bear with me. I will be replying to all of your beautiful comments as soon as I get a spare minute and although I haven't replied yet, I have seen your amazing words land in my inbox and they never fail to make me laugh - even when I am knee-deep in a wedmin-induced psychosis. I promise to try and get back on my blogging game soon and I have a few bits and pieces in the pipeline, so fear not! Thanks for being patient! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig