Friday 3 July 2015

DIY 3-Ingredient Peppermint Tea Scrub

I've been at the old, DIY again, rustling up another super quick and easy body scrub. Last time it was a Vanilla/Cinnamon scrub. This time I opted for something a little different. I didn't have many 'scrub ingredients' in my kitchen cupboards so I kept it simple with sugar, coconut oil and peppermint tea bags. 

I was SO pleased with the results... especially as it took me only five minutes to throw together!

DIY Peppermint Tea Scrub, Effortlessly Excessive

DIY Peppermint Tea Scrub, Effortlessly Excessive

The sugar works as a natural exfoliant, helping to buff away dry and dead skin cells. The coconut oil not only smells great, but is easily absorbed into the skin and leaves it feeling soft and supple and the peppermint tea gives it a subtle minty fragrance, which you can boost by adding a couple of drops of peppermint oil if you have any to hand. 

If you fancy giving this a whirl, here's what you need:

Peppermint Tea Scrub (1-2 generous applications)

150g of granulated sugar
2 peppermint tea bags
30g of coconut oil (roughly 2tbsp) Warmed in the microwave if solid

Mix the ingredients together. It shouldn't be too 'wet'. Pop it in a tub and scrub away! I'd recommend storing it in a seal-able container and using it within a week or so. 

What are your thoughts on DIY body scrubs - Have you or would you ever give one a go and do you have any recipes/ingredients that you swear by?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig