Thursday 16 April 2015

Cheat's Guide to Blogging Backdrops

My name is Kirsty and I'm a cheater. As the saying goes, fake it til you make it, and today I'll be showing you how easy it is to do just that. The topic - blog photography backgrounds. The bane of any blogger-trying-to mix-things-up-a-bit's life. Don't have space to store a metre square of wooden floor panels? I've got you covered with this cheat's guide to blogging backdrops! 







So what's the secret? All you need is a printer, white paper and a whole bunch of stuff to photograph. You can browse online for free textured backgrounds, print off any that you like, and hey presto! 


Super easy, (and cheap) blog photography backdrops that wont take up a tonne of space. Plus, you can just throw out and reprint if they get dirty. Fabulous. I went for wood, tiles and marble, as well as a mottled pinky/blue print. Sure, to the eagle-eyed readers, you can tell the difference between the cheats and the real deal, but it's still a great alternative to relaying your bedroom floor in marble tiles.

What do you make of printable backdrops? Leave your thoughts below. You can see more of these backdrops in action over on my Instagram account at effortlessly_excessive. Shameless plug out of the way, all that's left is for me to wish you all a happy (almost) weekend. 
Share:

24 comments

  1. This is so clever! I use my white table at the moment x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a white background also and have a table that I use but this is great for mixing things up a little x

      Delete
  2. Excellent idea! The wood looks just like panels :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's such a nifty, little trick x

      Delete
  3. I do this too, it really is amazing what resources are out there :) Your photography is always so stunning :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, as is yours! It's such a good trick to use, especially if you like to mix things up a bit xx

      Delete
  4. you're genius. How did I never think of this…brilliant
    I've been seriously getting quotes for getting white wooden floorboards in my room (I do like how they look obviously but mainly because of blog photos…) bit extreme? Perhaps.
    I am definitely doing this! Watch this space for better blog photos!
    Thank you!
    Betty x
    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your comment really made me chuckle! I can totally relate to wanting a new floor fitted for sole blogging purposes! Good luck with the blog photos. xx

      Delete
  5. Loved your idea! I think I may have to try it out!

    x Korallia
    CorallBlogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really helpful post! I'll try this in the future!

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soo so clever until I read they were printables the background looked soo real! Im totally going to try this! Great post!! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was surprised at how well they turned out, especially the wood panel effect! Hope you enjoy trying it out x

      Delete
  8. This is a brilliant idea! I am definitely going to do this!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Have fun with the printables xx

      Delete
  9. Genius idea, why haven't I thought of this before. I cheated too and I actually went to B&Q so I can pick up a real wood floor sample, it was only £2 but would love to do this with a few different effects. Thanks for sharing x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been toying with the idea of getting samples from the hardware store but my Finnish is next to zero and I'd probably end up purchasing an entire new floor or something ridiculous. It's a great idea though. Thanks for commenting lovely xx

      Delete
  10. Very clever idea, thank you for a great post. I will look for you on Blogloving and follow you. If you have a minute have a look at my little blog http://annemarielepretre.com/belle-de-jour-lingerie-story/

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS IS GENIUS!
    Thanks for telling us your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome Inma. Happy printing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are those only papers? Which measurements? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig