Tuesday 14 April 2015

Clarins Lip Perfector - Worth The Hype?

Many, (many) moons ago... Okay, some time around February to be precise, I managed to get my paws on the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in shade 02 Apricot Shimmer. It was a Duty Free purchase and one I'd been itching to make after reading numerous glowing reviews online... but is it worth the hype?

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector, Clarins instant light lip perfector, Clarins lipstick, Calrins instant light lip, Clarins lip gloss, Clarins lip balm, Clarins instant light apricot shimmer, apricot shimmer, apricot shimmer review

The answer... yes and no. Hear me out. 

The Instant Light Lip Perfector is a sheer balm that is designed to leave your lips looking, and feeling soft, shiny and plump. It's kind of a gloss, but isn't. More of a gloss/balm hybrid if you will. It isn't the most light-weight formula that I've tried, but it isn't sticky or uncomfortable to wear either. Coming from a girl that needs plentiful coaxing to wear gloss, you can believe me when I say that this is a doddle to wear. 

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector, Clarins instant light lip perfector, Clarins lipstick, Calrins instant light lip, Clarins lip gloss, Clarins lip balm, Clarins instant light apricot shimmer, apricot shimmer, apricot shimmer review

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector, Clarins instant light lip perfector, Clarins lipstick, Calrins instant light lip, Clarins lip gloss, Clarins lip balm, Clarins instant light apricot shimmer, apricot shimmer, apricot shimmer review

So Apricot Shimmer? From the above swatch, you can see that the balm has a peachy tone to it; however... and it's a big however, the swatch is quite a generous one and in reality, on my lips, the colour is lost unless I really pile it on. I expected better colour payoff if I'm completely honest, and so I was a bit underwhelmed when I first used this. With a thin layer of product, you do get a lovely, sheeny shimmer though, but no more than what you would expect from a glossy/balm product of this type. 

So why do I love it? It smells... Uhmazing! Like, seriously good. It is hydrating on the lips and leaves them feeling soft and smooth. The applicator is a good size and dispenses the product evenly and with ease; and the whole thing looks pretty - which is a valid point right? Yes, it's expensive for what is essentially a nice lip balm. I paid around £12 for it but I think it retails at around £18 in the UK. It's not cheap, but it makes me feel a tiny bit fuzzy inside. Kind of how I feel when it's new bed sheet day. 

Would I buy it again? Probably not. We're having one of those love affairs where it's fun while it lasts, but I wont be investing any more time, (or pennies) into it once we're done. My Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm gives me the same sort of feels, with a similar scent; albeit not shimmery, and at a fraction of the cost.  

If you're looking for just a lip balm, I'd go elsewhere, but if you're looking for something that has a little more. A drop of luxury that feels comfortable to wear and looks great in your handbag, then this may be the start of something special. 

What are your thoughts on the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector? Do you think that it is worth the hype? 
Share:

7 comments

  1. It does look lovely but i can see why you wouldn't purchase it again when you have something cheaper that does the same job! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. The only thing that would make me want to repurchase is the scent, but at £18 a time, I'd have to be mad! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using these for years. I agree the colour payoff is not amazing, but I just can't help myself. I love the feel and smell x
    thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is definitely the winner here. I do absolutely adore it. x

      Delete
  3. It's disappointing that the shade isn't stronger. For £18 I'd expect a little more. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the price I would also like the product more if it packed more of a punch of colour to it. But I completely agree with you on the scent, amazing for sure x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the colour pay off. However, the scent and the luxurious feeling just has me hooked. I think i will still repurchase.

    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig