Friday 3 April 2015

A Mini MAC Splurge

Mini being the operative word here. I'd hardly call it a haul, (or a splurge for that matter) but here we are. Whenever Scott and I travel over to Helsinki, I always end up dragging him to the MAC counter for some browsing time. Ever since trying out the Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Soft & Gentle; several weeks ago, I knew I needed to own it. I was also on the hunt for a new blush shade.. something that falls out of my usual peachy/pink category. Here's what I ended up with:

MAC, mac blusher, mac powder, mac soft & gentle, MAC breath of plum, MAC review

MAC, mac blusher, mac powder, mac soft & gentle, MAC breath of plum, MAC review

MAC, mac blusher, mac powder, mac soft & gentle, MAC breath of plum, MAC review

MAC, mac blusher, mac powder, mac soft & gentle, MAC breath of plum, MAC review

MAC, mac blusher, mac powder, mac soft & gentle, MAC breath of plum, MAC review

First up is Soft & Gentle. I remember this being so raved about last Summer in the bloggersphere. Everybody either had it or wanted it and ever since then it had been on my radar. It wasn't until I had this product used on me when I had my make up done for an event, that I knew it needed to be mine. 

It's a gorgeous golden/champagne shimmer which I'm definitely thinking will carry me through Summer, (when it finally arrives!) It's a stunning highlight on my practically translucent skin, but I know this will look uhhmazing with a tan! It has a soft and delicate texture, and despite looking too much in my swatch, with a fluffy powder brush, it applies beautifully. If you're not a fan of shimmer, this frosted finish is probably not going to be your cup of tea, but I love it. 

Blush-wise, I opted for Breath of Plum - One of the Sheertone Blush range. It's my first of this finish and I'm questioning why I haven't picked up more in the past. It's my kind of blush. Sheer but buildable for a natural finish. Going in, I knew I wanted something similar to a pinky/plum shade and after much swatching, (much to Scott's delight) I finally settled on this one. 

In a word, I absolutely love this blusher. I mean, you could practically say we've formed a relationship... This is the only blusher I've worn since bringing it home and I'm not sure I'm ready to change that fact yet. I was concerned it would be a touch too dark for my current skin tone, but I needn't have worried. If you're on the hunt for a shimmer-free, natural looking blush - this is your man for the job! 

On to regrettable decisions, I toyed with the idea of picking up MAC's Be A Lady lipstick but couldn't bring myself to buy it because it's a Mineralize Rich lipstick and therefore in the crappy black, plastic packaging. I hate myself for being so fussy as I actually really want this lipstick but the tube bothers me enough to turn it down. Ever notice how these lipsticks seem to rattle around in the tube at the counter? Shudder.. I just cant. Please tell me I'm not the only one! 

What are your thoughts on my recent purchases? Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned today or are there any MAC bits that you absolutely swear by? Leave your thoughts in a comment below. 

Share:

20 comments

  1. Soft & Gentle is one of my favourite highlighters, it's so gorgeous and shimmery. I really want to get my hands on a MAC blush soon and this shade looks like a great choice x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot express enough how fab this blush shade is! I'd highly, highly recommend! x

      Delete
  2. Soft & gentle is beautiful xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and gentle looks so stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're missing out by not picking up the B e A Lady-that formula is amazing! I know its plastic but its *magnetic* plastic Kirsty! Great picks tho-I love soft and gentle!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, don't do this to me Stacey! I know I'll probably end up picking it up eventually but I'm having one of those sulky moments over it. Heaven knows why they couldn't just use the same tubes, magnetic plastic or not! x

      Delete
  5. Both of these look gorgeous! I think its about time i had another MAC splurge x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft & Gentle is so amazing, i love it! And that blush is a stunning shade!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with the blush.. It's gorge x

      Delete
  7. I don't own Soft & Gentle yet but it's such a gorgeous highlighter! The blush is also lovely. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're thinking about Soft & Gentle, I'd definitely recommend it. It's such a lovely, delicate highlight x

      Delete
  8. Soft & Gentle is my favourite (along with Lightscapade) and it seems to last forever!! I agree about the Mineralise lipsticks though, I hate their bulky crap packaging so I've never got one! xx

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing up Lightscapade too.. it's stunning! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates the Mineralize packaging! It's so crap x

      Delete
  9. I love soft and gentle, it's definitely a staple in my makeup collection.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the products you picked. I think Soft & Gentle will be one of my next MAC purchases, it looks gorgeous! I really like the blush shade too :)x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anu. Soft & Gentle is a definite must xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig