Friday 10 April 2015

Balmy for Bourjois?

Yes, let us all take just a moment of appreciation for the level of cringe that is this blog post's title. The Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick, (in its official title) isn't even a balm, but I've never been comfortable calling these types of products lipsticks. Anyone have any objections to lip crayon? We'll go with lip crayon. I'm probably nominated for most pointless blog post intro whilst we're at it too. 



I'm gonna jump right in with this... I wanted to love this product. When I picked it up back in the UK, there had been a bit of a buzz around the new Bourjois releases and although these Color Boost lip crayons have been around for awhile, I think, and do correct me if I'm wrong, Bourjois may have released a couple of new shades for Spring. (I also purchased one of the Color Band eye shadow sticks which I mention briefly here.) 

The shade I picked up is 04 Peach on the Beach which is part of the original line. It's a glossy, peachy/pink lipstick with a non-sticky formula and has added SPF 15. 


As I said, I wanted to love this but something is just a little off for me. From the swatch you can see that the colour is kind of wishy washy - for lack of a better description, and I struggle to get an even coverage. This shade is unforgiving on my lips and settles into every crease. Both of these are made marginally better by blotting; but for a lip crayon that I want to just chuck in my bag and reapply on the go, I don't want the hassle. 

Despite not loving this shade, I am still intrigued by some of the other shades in the Color Boost range. Red Sunrise, come at me! For me, Peach on the Beach is a dud colour, but that to one side, this lip crayon is moisturising, glossy and light-weight, perfect for Spring. 

Do you have history with the Bourjois Color Boost lip crayons? What are your thoughts? 
 
Share:

12 comments

  1. Love the shade! Perfect for a subtle look x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's a shame it doesn't wear well x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought so too.. Shame about the way it wears though x

      Delete
  3. Shame you had issues with the balm! The shade is gorgeous though.

    Emma x
    BEAUTY AND RAGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? So disappointing.. It could have been perfect for Spring/Summer x

      Delete
  4. Your post intro made me giggle! :) It's a shame you weren't a massive fan of this, I've not tried them myself but have heard a lot of rave reviews. I'm more of a Revlon lip crayon kinda gal ;) Love your photography too, by the way!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I've tried several of these lip crayon type lipsticks from different brands, however I've never tried the ones from Revlon - Mostly due to the fact that I haven't been able to find Revlon on sale in Finland. I wish I'd chosen another shade in the Bourjois.. I think I made a poor choice x

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried these particular ones from Bourjois but I did pick up the Revlon version and I wasn't blown away either to be honest, I have a glossy nude shade as well as a matte dusty pink shade but I just never wear them so think I'll stay away from these too :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that's a shame. I have a few different varieties from Clinique, L'Oreal and Rimmel and they're actually pretty good. I prefer them for Summer when I like to keep my makeup light. This one from Bourjois didn't float my boat though x

      Delete
  6. Erm, I'm loving the title of this post! It's a shame this shade doesn't quite work for you, it does look incredibly balmy. I do like the colour though. It would be interest to know whether the other shades are the same. Great post!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know, I regret not picking up another shade. I know paler shades can be tricky sometimes so perhaps a darker shade may wear better x

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig