Tuesday 28 April 2015

What's In My Make-Up Bag | Guest Post - Amy Charlotte

Well hello there all of you lovely readers! It's Amy here - you can find me at amycharlotte.co.uk where I muse over beauty, travel and fashion. Kirsty kindly invited me to guest post on her fabulous blog, so of course I jumped at the chance. After having a think, I decided a make-up bag tour might be an interesting topic (I know I always love peaking into my friend's make-up stashes!) So here it is! 


I am a creature of habit when it comes to make-up (and food for that matter). Yes, I love trying out new products, but once I've found a favourite, it tends to stay with me and I've used many of the products in this post for years. So starting with the base - I go straight in with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation - I must be on my third bottle of this. I only started wearing foundation towards the end of my uni days, so I was really worried about getting it wrong and having the dreaded 'orange face/white neck' situation. After doing A LOT of research, I found the Chanel foundation and I absolutely love it. It is water based (as the name would suggest) and is very thin in texture. It gives a 'my skin but better' effect, it just evens everything out. It's very sheer but still feels like it covers any redness and gives a good glow! 

The most important step in my make up routine is concealer. I have inherited the world's worst dark circles, and no matter how much sleep or how many eye creams I try, nothing gets rid of these bad boys. To conceal the dark purple tones, I use the Bobbi Brown corrector, which is designed to counteract the darkness, in the inner corners where the darkness is worst, as well as a bit on the outer corners to lift the eye. I find this step really helps to conceal my dark circles, and I'm careful to be light-handed with the application, or things can get cakey! Then I go in with the Nars Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. (Or Custard if it's summertime). I love this concealer - it doesn't crease, has good coverage and is really easy to apply. 

Next, I fill in my brows with the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown - it's foolproof! Moving onto eyes, I tend to apply a primer to my lids just to ensure that eyeshadow will last all day - for this I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Following this, I'll either go in with the Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Pale Barley, or if I'm going for a more smoky eye look, I'll use my MAC quad which consists of Phloof! to highlight, Naked Lunch (best shade ever!), Satin Taupe and Smut. The purple-y tones compliment blue eyes and I think all four shades work so well together. Day to day I just go for eye shadow and mascara, but if I'm using liner, I use my old favourite - the Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Liner - I've never found one so black that lasts all day long - and it's £2.99! For mascara, I'm currently using Tarte Camera, Lights, Lashes - it's pretty good at holding a curl and lengthening. 

For bronzer, I use my Clarins Colours of Brazil bronzer, this was limited edition last summer, but they have a new one out this year. I love it because it's HUGE = huge mirror. It's the perfect travel mirror! For blusher, I usually go for one of my Nars blushes - right now I'm loving Doucer, which is a natural rose/browny shade. Apparently it's been discontinued though, which is a crime! If I want something a bit brighter, I go for Nars Orgasm, a gorgeous pink with gold shimmer. 

Finally, lips. My nude go-to is Peach Blossom by MAC. It's so comfortable to wear, it really lifts the face and gives a nice 'sheen'. I'm not a lip gloss fan at all, so this is a good in-between! If I'm going for more of a statement lip, I'm currently loving the Sephora lip cream stain in 001. It's such a lovely red, doesn't dry out the lips and has amazing staying power. 

Amy xxx

Well guys and girls, anyone else craving all of the things? *Raises both hands* Huge thanks to Amy for taking the time to write this fabulous piece for Effortlessly Excessive, you did a great job girl! If you liked this post, then I urge you to go and cyber stalk her in the following places:

Amy Charlotte - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
Bloglovin - Amy Charlotte
Twitter - @_AmyCharlotte
Instagram - _amycharlotte
Share:

12 comments

  1. I have serious make up bag envy! I think I might need to invest in a MAC quad soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to Gillian! Do it ;)

      Amy Charlotte xxx

      Delete
    2. You and me both Gillian! Amy, get dishing out your make up bag gems would you?! ;) xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooo you've got some great stuff! The Anastasia Brow Wiz is a must have in my makeup bag too! Love the stuff! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Brow Wiz but I have lusted after the Dip Brow for what feels like an eternity. x

      Delete
  3. Aw thanks Anisha! I adore the Brow Wiz, my only complaint is that I use it up too quickly!

    Amy Charlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! My bag consists of abandoned hair ties, bobby pins and receipts!

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I definitely have A LOT of abandoned hair ties roaming around my make up bag! Xxx

      Amy Charlotte

      Delete
    2. Send some of those abandoned hair ties and pins my way please.. Mine like to vanish the minute I get them home x

      Delete
  5. Wow I'm really jealous of Amy, she has so many amazing products :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, it's defintiely taken a looooong time to build up this make-up stash! Thanks for the comment xxx

      Amy Charlotte

      Delete
    2. You and me both! I'd be forever shopping my stash with a make up collection as fab as this one! x

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig