Wednesday 13 May 2015

L'Oreal Sublime Glow Cleansing Oil

When it comes to my skin care, I'm a lazy girl through and through, opting for products that require minimal fuss with maximum payoff. I guess that's the dream right? This year I became hooked on Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish, however I find this cleanser alone is not enough to remove all of my make up, particularly that around the eyes, so I often need to reach for an oil-based cleanser to tackle the pesky bits. 

I recently spotted L'Oreal's Sublime Glow Sensational Cleansing Oil, sitting pretty on the supermarket shelves, and wondered if it would be the answer to my cleansing needs. A one-stop product that will cleanse my skin, leaving it fresh and make up free. 

L'Oreal, L'Oreal Sublime Glow Cleansing Oil, Sublime Glow, Cleansing Oil, cleanser review, sublime glow cleanser review

The first thing I should point out is that I didn't read the instructions before purchasing this product. In fact, I couldn't even if I had wanted to as it was in every European language - bar English. I'd hashtag Expat Problems but that would make it two days in a row that I hashtagged in a blog post and I'm sure that there's probably a law against that somewhere. Anyway, I presumed you would spray this onto a cotton pad, swipe it around your face, and voila - a beautifully cleansed, make up free mush. Except I was wrong. 

According to Google, the actual instructions are as follows; squirt a few pumps into your hands and massage gently into your face, around the eyes and the neck then rinse well with warm water. When mixed with the water, the cleansing oil turns milky white, which is a little unusual and took me by surprise at first but did it work to remove all of my make up?

In short, no. Whilst it did do a great job of removing most of the make up on my face and lips, it didn't quite do the job on my eye make up - part of the reason I bought it in the first place. The oil is pretty watery and I did splosh a bit down myself when I first attempted to squirt it into my hands. I wanted to love the Sublime Glow Cleanser, but for a lazy girl like myself, it doesn't do the job efficiently enough to be the only step in my make up removal routine and I was left needing to reach for more. 

One thing I will say in defense of this product from L'Oreal is that it does nourish and soften my skin after use. It isn't greasy and if rinsed well, doesn't leave any residue on the skin or clog pores which can often be a concern associated with oil-based cleansers. I imagine those that suffer with drier skin will find this works well for them. It's just a shame it doesn't go all the way as a make up remover. 

Are there any cleansers that you would recommend for removing all traces of make up whilst also leaving skin feeling smooth and healthy-looking? I'd love to hear your suggestions. 

Note: I linked up the L'Oreal Skin Perfection 15 Second Cleansing Oil as it looks to be the same product. I couldn't find the Sublime Glow Oil online in any of the UK retailers so I'm assuming it's named differently over here in Finland. 
Share:

14 comments

  1. The formula of this sounds lovely, it's a shame it didn't quite cut it when it came to removing eye makeup. I absolutely The Body Shop Camomile range, have you tried it? :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I had high hopes which means that despite this being a decent cleanser, it just didn't blow me away. I haven't tried the Body Shop range, is there anything I should look for in particular? xxx

      Delete
  2. It sounds pretty good although I prefer micellar waters x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been wanting to try the Garnier Micellar water as everyone seems to rave about that one. I've tried the L'Oreal Micellar water and it wasn't great. x

      Delete
  3. Kirsty, I second Karen's comment - The Body Shop Camomile cleansing oil is AMAZE! I'm so lazy with cleansing but I really need all of my make up off my face before bed or I will wake up with a spot haha. I literally use 2-3 pumps on dry skin and rinse with warm water.... Promise it'll get rid of all mascara! It's magic and doesn't hurt my sensitive eyeballs! X

    Amy Charlotte


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'm intrigued! I think I need to try and get my hands on some of this! Thanks Amy xxx

      Delete
  4. I think I remember having this a while back and finding it very messy. I just find in general that if you want to remove your eye makeup well and avoid the panda effect there's really no lazy way around it, but Micellar Water is amazing for me and if you have those super lazy days when you just can't be bothered to cleanse after, you can use it all over the face and not even have to wash it afterwards (from what I've read). The Garnier version is definitely worth picking up x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard that the Garnier Micellar water is the one. I tried the L'Oreal version and didn't love it. It took me several attempts, (and cotton pads) to remove the majority of my make up and I still needed to go in with another cleanser afterwards. xxx

      Delete
  5. Shame this didn't work for you. I've found Liz Earle's Hot cloth cleanser a really good way to remove makeup although it doesn't work so well around the eye area if you've been wearing eye shadow x

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the Liz Earle cleanser and still use it every day as my skin loves it, I just need something a little more robust for removing my eye make up. xxx

      Delete
  6. Shame this didn't work too well, I was getting excited!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a good bargain cleansing oil for a while, but every review I read on a possibility seems to not go so well. I'm particularly fond of the DHC cleansing oil myself, it does a great job at taking off my waterproof gel liners/mascaras without tugging at my lashes/eye area. [=

    ♡Em | www.haulanddupes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear.. Have you tried the Body Shop cleansing oil that was mentioned in the comments above? I think that may be the next step for me. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig