Monday 11 May 2015

Selfie Stick W*****

Hello, Bonjour, Hei, how are we all doing? I've been neglecting my blogging duties this last week, swapping Wordpress for wedding invitation printing, (okay, I'm not on Wordpress but it sounds better than Blogger does in that sentence) swanning around Manchester buying wedding rings, Hurrah! and stuffing my face with giant Yorkie buttons, which by the way, are amazeballs! Scott and I crammed in around 18 hours of shopping into two and a half days - which if isn't a record, I shall eat my 'spanking new phone case, which by the way is sparkly and oh so pretty. #priorities - yes, I just hash tagged in a blog post. 


Whilst procuring said phone case, I also impulse bought a selfie stick, hence the title of this post. I hate everyone and anyone that owns a selfie stick, myself included. After hitting the ripe age of 27, I decided that fads weren't my thing. Plus, anything remotely technology-based should always be approached with caution. I imagine selfie stick owners to be wearing semi-transparent leggings with a crop top (which appears to be the uniform of the youths today) badly sharpied on eyebrows and sporting yellowing facial bruising from a failed attempt at the Kylie Jenner lip challenge. I am officially the type of person I despised when I was growing up. I guess I'm just bitter that I can no longer wear denim short shorts without being thrown a few questionable looks. All of that being said, I'm rather excited to give my new gizmo a whirl and so I'm going to bow out on the selfie stick debate as a slightly red-faced hypocrite. 

In addition to indulging in the latest teen trends, we also invested in a Shark Week documentary box set of DVDs. I take zero responsibility for this. Whilst yes, I am partial to the occasional nature documentary, it's Scott that has the unhealthy shark obsession. I've already been informed that once we have completed our entire re-run of Friends, we'll be sinking our teeth into something a bit more educational. Although, anyone who argues they didn't learn anything from friends needs to sharpen their skills in awareness. If anything, it armed me with a covert way of telling my siblings to 'fuck off' without resulting in me spending the rest of my pre-adult life under house arrest. 

If you follow me on Instagram, yep - shameless plug alert, you may have observed the fact that I posted an image of a pink and purple, glittery, unicorn cup earlier today. Now I know what you're thinking, in all honesty, I too am questioning whether or not I'm heading for an early, mid-life crisis. Paying for my, what is essentially a large sippy cup, did leave me feeling a little flushed. I threw in a couple of words like sister, child, present; more for the shop assistant's benefit if anything. If a fancy cup, embellished with mythical creatures is what it takes for me to increase my water consumption, then I am willing to deal with the embarrassment. 

Finally, in family drama news, Hamish is being her usual diva self and ignoring me; for what I'm sure she tells her other furry friends, is parental abandonment. To the general masses, it would be described as; leaving her with a loving family who give her lots of love and attention, for a few days whilst I am otherwise unable to do so. I dropped her and Ralph off on the Friday and was surprised at how nonchalant they both appeared to be at their change of environment. Little did I know that I'd be made to suffer for my sins upon my return. I'm hoping that I can bribe her with cucumber later -  For now, I've just got to figure out how to get her to look in my direction. Anyone that says pets aren't intelligent has obviously never owned a guinea pig capable of going into a two day sulk. And to think we ever doubted the fact that she is female. 

So there we have it folks, I never intended this post to become an outpouring of casual chat. I was going to go into detail about the few beauty bits and pieces that I picked up from the UK, but we shall save that one for a rainy day - or as we call it in Finland; tomorrow. 


Share:

12 comments

  1. Haha this is amazing! Giant yorkie buttons are life they are orgasmic and everyone has to own a selfie stick its the rules! I actually love documentaries and am watching shark week but its reinforced how scared of the sea I am in a really irrational way hahah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. It was my first experience with Yorkie buttons and it's safe to say, it won't be my last! I've always been kinda spooked by the sea... watching shark documentaries doesn't really help either! Haha xx

      Delete
  2. Omg that unicorn cup is the best thing I've ever seen, I think it's perfectly acceptable to own one, whatever age you are. Where did you get it from, I really want one aha! And your phone case is amazing

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unicorn cup is from New Look and the phone case is from Skinny Dip London which I picked up in Topshop :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oooooh I'm in LOVE with that phone case!!! Hahahaha I know what you mean with the Selfie sticks - I hate them but at the same time kind of want one hahaha! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still too embarrassed to take mine outside... I can get some great selfies indoors though! x

      Delete
  4. I totally get you on the whole selfie stick thing, I hate them but then my little sister got one and I want to try it out haha!

    Jessie | Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the kind of thing you want to use when no one is around or you're in a strange country where no one knows you, ha x

      Delete
  5. I recently got a selfie stick and can't wait to try it out on my trip soon!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was kind of expecting lots of selfie stick wanker photos Kirsty #Disappointed

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig