Wednesday 27 May 2015

My Nip + Fab Night Routine


I'm hooked on a new, night time, skincare routine. A couple of months ago, Scott placed an order on ASOS for man things - a few new shirts, jeans etc.. and before he hit the checkout, I did a quick trolly dash, throwing a couple of Nip + Fab skincare items into the shopping cart. 

I was a Nip + Fab virgin so wasn't really sure what to go for. Everyone raves about the Glycolic Exfoliating pads but I have an overnight peel from Kiehl's that is currently handling my glycolic exfoliating needs so instead, I opted for the Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix and the Dark Circle Fix Eye Cream

Nip + Fab skincare, Nip + Fab Dark Circle Fix review, Nip + Fab Viper Venom Night Fix review, Nip Fab anti aging products

Nip + Fab skincare, Nip + Fab Dark Circle Fix review, Nip + Fab Viper Venom Night Fix review, Nip Fab anti aging products

When the products arrived, I was kind of disappointed by how cheap and nasty the packaging felt, especially with the pot of night cream. The labels were stuck on haphazardly and just wasn't what I'd expected from such a raved about brand. In spite of this, I'm actually really pleased with the products themselves and can see why they've gained a whole host of praise in the beauty field. 

I'll kick off with the Viper Venom Night Fix. Interestingly named, I'm not sure where the Nip + Fab marketing execs were going with this one. They also have a dragon blood something or other too, don't they? It feels like it's aimed at a younger generation, (which is kind of odd for an anti-aging type product) but with bold claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, I was itching to give it a try for myself. 

The, 'night cream' is more of a gel/serum which is lightly fragranced and has a translucent, milky colour to it. I thought this would lie heavy on the skin but I was blown away by how quickly this absorbs into the skin. Like magic, seriously. After a minute, you wouldn't even know you'd applied anything to your face. Used after cleansing and applied to clean skin is the way to go with this product. The time release retinol works its wonders overnight and I definitely feel like I wake up to fresher, healthier looking skin. I've been using this for a good month (ish) now and I'm really pleased with the results. If I ever run out of this, (a little goes a long way) then I'll definitely be repurchasing. 

Next in my Nip + Fab arsenal of age-defying products is the Dark Circle Fix. The bottle says cream but I'd definitely go with serum. It has a similar texture to the Night Fix but takes a little longer to soak into the skin. Dubbed as a three in one formula to tackle the appearance of puffiness, dark circles and premature aging, (yes there's a theme with these purchases) I was hoping that this would give me a helping hand in the eye department. Fortunately, I don't have a huge need for any wonders to be worked just yet but I'm going with the whole, 'prevention is key' method. I don't know how it would fare on more mature skin but I don't have any complaints, plus I also accidentally smudged a bit in my eye and it didn't have me screaming like a banshee so big thumbs. 

Have you tried any Nip + Fab products - If so, which products do you rate and are there any essential skincare items that you can't live without? Leave your comments below. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig