Thursday 28 May 2015

Limited Edition Lush Shower Creams & A Bubble Bar Treat

Earlier this week, I blogged about my recent shopping trip to Helsinki. Whilst there, I ventured into LUSH and was immediately greeted by the limited edition shower cream stand. Cue girlish squeals. 

Minus a bath, I have to get my LUSH kicks through the medium of shower gel and was over the moon to see that they stocked the exciting, new Comforter version - based on the cult bubble bar. I'd heard whispers of this shower gel/cream on Twitter and was amazed to see it in the flesh, in LUSH's Helsinki store, of all places. I was led to believe that these shower creams are, 'exclusive' to the LUSH Oxford Street store and so I snapped up a full size Comforter shower cream and a smaller, sample size of Yuzu and Cocoa. 

LUSH limited edition shower creams, Limited Edition LUSH, lush comforter shower cream, lush comforter shower gel, lush oxford street

LUSH limited edition shower creams, Limited Edition LUSH, lush comforter shower cream, lush comforter shower gel, lush oxford street

LUSH limited edition shower creams, Limited Edition LUSH, lush comforter shower cream, lush comforter shower gel, lush oxford street

I'll talk about the Comforter shower cream first. I knew I was going to buy this the minute I laid eyes on it. It smells uhhhmazing. Seriously. The blackcurrenty goodness of the bubble bar is translated perfectly into this shower cream. It reminds me of jelly babies. 

I gave this a try in the shop and the scent stayed on my skin the whole afternoon I was out shopping. Yes, I was the crazy person walking around Helsinki sniffing my hands all day. 

Awks.

I wasn't interested in the Yuzu and Cocoa shower cream until I gave it a sniff. I'm not sure I 'get' the whole chocolate orange thang, but it does have a lovely sweet, tangy scent. I wanted a piece of the action but at 30 Euros a bottle, *ouch* I went for a more purse-friendly, sample size. I'm hoping this makes its way into the permanent collection so I can grab a bigger size once I'm back in the UK over the Summer. 

Both shower creams have a slightly runnier consistency than the typical LUSH shower gel and pour out pretty quickly. No messing around here folks. They lather up nicely with my shower puff and feel really luxurious on the skin. Trying to pick a favourite is a tricky task. I thought it would be Comforter, hands down but I'm really not so sure. 

LUSH limited edition shower creams, Limited Edition LUSH, lush comforter shower cream, lush comforter shower gel, lush oxford street

I also repurchased the Mother Superior bubble bar which I thought was part of the Mother's Day limited edition range?? I love this bubble bar as it has my all-time favourite LUSH scent, that of the Rub Rub Rub shower scrub. Fresh and invigorating. 

I've taken to stockpiling bath products so that whenever I'm staying somewhere with a bath, I can indulge in a scrumptious soak. Ridiculous, yes. Bothered, no. I don't know if this bubble bar is now part of the permanent range, (yes, I am stunning you all with my LUSH knowledge today) but if you see it in store, grab it before it's gone. It's a good 'en.

Have you tried any of these LUSH goodies? 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig