Friday 2 January 2015

Alternative New Years Resolutions...


Okay, admittedly I'm a day late with the resolutions this year but I'm taking the fact that I've even bothered to make any as a positive in itself... As the clock struck midnight and Auld Lang Syne blared out from our speakers, Scott turned to me and asked me what my New Years resolutions would be, and without batting an eyelid, I simply answered that I'd like to become a professional dancer. Now, I'm not sure if it was the sparkling wine talking or I was just high on fumes from the many, many fireworks that had been set off across town, but I'm still at a loss as to what sparked such an interesting resolution this year. However, I'm going to dust off my leotard and leg warmers and give it a fair old crack of the whip. Laugh if you will... I'm setting my sights on Strictly girls and boys. 

In addition to my spur of the moment resolution, I also created a list of somewhat, slightly more feasible promises to live by in the new year. They are as follows:

-I solemnly swear that I will only buy things that I need

- I vow to broaden my culinary horizons and cease to classify biscuits as a major food group

- I will buy cheese and use it properly, not just for snacking on between meals

- I aim to get fit which means taking the stairs, instead of the lift, on days where I don't have bags of shopping. (See first point)

-  I swear I will spend less time browsing 'cute' ski gear and more time actually skiing... or at least attempting to

- I will stop referring to hammocks as banana hammocks because when you think about it, it's just wrong

- I will keep a plant alive for one, full cycle of the moon

- I aim to be more tolerant of people who hold conversations in the middle of supermarket aisles

- I will attempt to learn some basic Finnish phrases... 'Fuck off', 'Sausage and chips' and 'One beer' doesn't count. (Yes, that is the sad state of my Finnish vocabulary)

- I vow to only cry at adverts that are genuinely sad and not at all at videos of babies and animals on Facebook

- I aim to make an outfit decision and stick to it

- I shall try my best to achieve at least one of these resolutions 

There we have it folks, my fairly unconventional New Years resolutions. If you were coming here for something infinitely more deep and meaningful, I can only apologise. If you've made any resolutions this year, let me know in a comment below. 

Here's to a successful 2015. 
Share:

16 comments

  1. Haha I love how unconventional this is! I can literally agree with every single one, especially the plant one, I kill every plant, flower, weed I own! And skiing is all about the outfit, don't feel guilty about that ;)

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I don't know what trickery these green-fingered people use, but I have never been able to keep a plant alive for an acceptable amount of time. I have a dead pot of roses on my table as we speak... I'm hoping if I keep watering them, they'll make a miraculous recovery! xxx

      Delete
  2. Haha this made me laugh! Great resolutions and best of luck with becoming a pro dancer!!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it my dear... If I manage to successfully learn a dance routine by the end of 2015, I will absolutely count that as me meeting my resolution. Haha xxx

      Delete
  3. haha this really made me laugh, especially the cheese one! I absolutely loveeeee picking at bits of cheese, I should probably consider that one too haha! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/topshop-beauty-haul.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy... Snacking on cheese is the best! I can't remember the last time I used cheese properly xxx

      Delete
  4. I definitely just had a giggle over this post!
    I have lots of ski gear now but don't actually know how to ski - it's just cold alright!
    I'm sorry to break it to you but biscuits are and always will be a food group (now where are my custard creams?)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, custard creams!! Why have you done this to me!? Haha... Heaven! I want a white ski suit but my fella won't let me get one until I actually learn to ski properly xxx

      Delete
  5. Your post genuinly made me laugh out loud! I now feel foolish for thinking I had to make sensible New Years Resolutions!
    Good luck keeping a plant alive, just remember if you speak to them they apparently last longer!
    Much love,
    Harriet x

    harrietcorey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You shouldn't feel foolish, I'm the foolish one who spent several years making sensible resolutions and failing to keep them every year... I've been 'drinking more water' and 'eating less salt' since 2004.

      I'm definitely going to follow your advice and start having a chat with my plants though... watch this space! xxx

      Delete
  6. I loved reading through these, particularly the cheese one :D Wishing you all the best for 2015 lovely!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you have a fab new year xxx

      Delete
  7. I have to say I have been scrolling through Bloglovin and every second post is a resolutions post and I was getting to the stage where I was like fucks sake I cant read any more new year resolution posts-but I got to yours and was like 'oh Kirsty's will be funny' so I read it. And now probably no one elses will live up to it so I am not reading any more!!! Good luck with just buying what you need. Is that need or NEED??

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Stacey, you make me blush! Thank you very much lovely. I'm desperate to stick to buying things that I genuinely only need however I ended up at a discount beauty sale the other day and I may or may not have ended up losing my self-control... Ha! *Must try harder* xxx

      Delete
  8. Great resolutions, love <3 I am also trying to buy only things that I need instead of things that I want haha. But I always fail every year, sadly :(

    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much lovely. I always fail at anything like a spending ban or being sensible with money. Hope you have better luck this year xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig