Tuesday 20 January 2015

First Haul of 2015


Well now, it's been a while since we had a post like this around these parts. Last week, Scott and I traveled to Groningen, (for business) and dropped in on family in Edinburgh (for pleasure). One of the best things about being home is the fact that we can go shopping! I've made it no secret that Finland isn't exactly the fasion 'hub' of Europe. No Topshop, River Island, Miss Selfridge... need I continue? 

Here's a peek at what ended up in my shopping basket:

Miss Selfridge
Tan jacket... swoon! This thing is buttery soft, really. It was a total impulse buy; albeit not very practical for Finland but hell, I absolutely love it! Yes, I wore it yesterday in the snow and yes I lived to tell the tale.

Miss Selfridge
Fluffy - check! Pink - check! Another Miss Selfridge purchase, but one that is far more likely to keep me warm. The collar is detachable too so you can wear it as a scarf. Love a multi-tasker!

Missguided
Technically not a home purchase as I had it delivered to Finland but I thought I would include it anyway. Comfy day dress at its finest. It's currently in the sale so hurry if you fancy it. 


New Look
I bought this entirely because of the bumpy material. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint after a few washes. Also comes in blue. 

New Look

Topshop
This slouchy cream shirt made its way home with me too; however I couldn't wait to wear it and it's now sitting in my washing basket, hence the no-photo. It fits great and is a basics must-have; although a word of warning, it wrinkles like a beeatch!

GlamGlow Supermud - M&S
MAC Lipstick - Please Me
Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencils - Boots
Palmer's Lip Balm - Boots
As well as clothing, I managed to pick myself up a few beauty bits too. If you read my Beauty Wish List yesterday, you will see that I was keen to get my hands on GlamGlow's Supermud Mask. I tried it yesterday and I can't even tell you how impressed I am. More to come on that soon. I also picked up a MAC lippie in Please Me, two Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencils in Minimalist and In With Coral, and a Palmer's lip balm which smells amaze but is a really annoying shape. 

Now, here's what I almost got:

River Island
I went to two River Island stores and neither of them had this in stock. It's slightly cropped but not so much so that you're going to be exposing yourself. I can't justify the delivery charge for one item so I'm hoping they still stock this when I'm home again in February. 

Dorothy Perkins
I'm currently obsessing over pointed court shoes and these are really lovely on - plus they're also a bargain! I usually wear a size 4 shoe; however these were far too big on me. The shop I spied them in had only one girl working there (or so it seemed,) she was operating the till and I couldn't be bothered queuing up to ask for a smaller size so I left them behind. Regretting my decision already!

There we have it folks. A very rambly post, but we got there in the end. Have you been buying anything interesting lately? Share your recent haul posts in the comments below. 
Share:

17 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that Miss Selfridge jacket is an absolute dream! I have a black leather jacket which I wear constantly, so I could be tempted to add to my wardrobe in another colour.

    x

    p.s. I hope you manage to get your hands on those heels - they're such a lovely shape and colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! I have a black leather jacket too but as soon as I saw this, I needed it! I'm still dreaming about those shoes... *sigh* xxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing haul, I just love your fashion style as all the clothes you picked out I would most likely wear. Need to go shoppign myself soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely... Go shopping and post it all on your blog so I can have a right good nose! Haha xxx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love that tan jacket, it's so gorgeous! *swoons*

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picks! The pink cardigan is so lovely.
    MAC's Please Me is one of my absolute fav lipsticks :)x

    My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Please Me is a beaut! I love it xxx

      Delete
  5. I genuinely LOVE everything you've purchased, especially the tan jacket! I'm also a huge fan of the Color Drama lip crayons. Hope you enjoyed your visit back :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. we had lots of fun! The Color Drama Lip Pencils are soooo good! Love em! xxx

      Delete
  6. Great haul! You've got some lovely clothing pieces, not to mention the beauty stuff. I love the Supermud GlamGlow. That mask is amazing! Mac Please Me is on my Spring / Summer wishlist. God knows I don't need another Mac lipstick but it's such a great colour. :) x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you can never EVER have too much MAC! Haha.. I hope you get your hands on it for Summer. I'm in love with the GlamGlow Supermud, it's such a fab product! xxx

      Delete
  7. I love everything you brought but more importantly the leather jacket!

    www.studentbargains.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, it's a beauty isn't it! xxx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I agree.. It's been glued to my body recently; although it's far too cold for it! xxx

      Delete
  9. Great buys! Everything you bought went together so well. You have excellent taste!

    rebekahkoontzsite.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig