Thursday 8 January 2015

Discounted Chanel...


The two words that every girl likes to hear. Okay, maybe not every girl, but it certainly got my heart in a flutter. My, 'only buying things that I need' resolution went out of that window quicker than you can say au revoir, because 30% off Chanel is something that I need. Honestly. 

So, let's have a look at what we have then shall we? It's a cream blush with its official title being, Le Blush Creme De Chanel - very fancy pants. The shade is no.64 Inspiration and that was definitely the feeling I had when I swirled my finger around the sample in the store. It's a beauty.





In natural light
As you can see from the swatch, It's a cool, blue-toned pink. The shade is utterly gorgeous and definitely one for those who prefer a soft, subtle hint of colour. That being said, you can build it up to give a more vibrant pop. 

The formula is so soft and light. It's oil-free so there's absolutely no greasy feel to it whatsoever and it blends to a soft powder. The finish is described as satin matte with absolutely no hint of a chalky residue. It blends seamlessly into the skin with your fingertips; however I like to apply it to my cheeks first with my fingers and then gently buff it into the skin with a clean blusher brush for a natural finish. 


I have absolutely minimal amounts of the Chanel blush on my face here as I tend to prefer a much more toned-down look for every day wear. Despite that, this blush lasted the entire day on my face. I'm talking morning to taking my make up off for bed kinda staying power with absolutely no need to reapply. Uhhmazing!

Now, let's talk cost. I've mentioned before that make up tends to be ridiculously over-priced in Finland, compared with the UK, so let's break it down. Via the Boots website, you ca pick up the Chanel Cream Blush for £28. Before the 30% discount, Finnish Chanel was priced at 45 Euros, (approx £35 - ouch!) Minus the discount, I paid 31.50 Euros which works out around £24.71, let's call it £25. So, in theory, I saved myself a few quid. Not too bad I guess as I never seem to see discounted Chanel at home. 

Phew, maths lesson done for today.

What are your thoughts on the cream blush? Is it a yay or a nay for you or do you have any cream blush favourites that you want to share? 

Share:

10 comments

  1. Beautiful shade! I don't own any Channel makeup :( Too pricey for my liking! Also I prefer to use powder blushes as the cream ones seem to accentuate my large pores which is a big no-no :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only own two pieces. It definitely not purse-friendly! Admittedly, I own more powder blushes than cream; although I've been reaching for cream blushes more often recently. xxx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to try out some more cream blushes and this one looks absolutely beautiful! Bonus you got a little discount too :) x

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do. I've definitely been finding my love for cream blushes lately. I also feel like they'll last me much longer than my powders which is always good. xxx

      Delete
  3. Chanel wasn't included in my makeup budget for Spring but at 30% off, I definitely would have made an exception! I've not tried any of their cream blushes - this looks perfect for everyday! Jealous, hehe. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something I would have immediately picked up but when I saw it sitting there in the discount section, I was like, 'Hello!' I'd definitely purchase another Chanel blush like this, it's a beautiful product! xxx

      Delete
  4. I don't blame you for breaking your new year resolution for 30% off Chanel, I would do the same! Love the shade of this blush and the formula sounds amazing! I don't own anything from the brand yet, just haven't been able to justify the prices yet x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was impossible to resist Alina! As soon as I swatched it in store, I knew it was coming home with me. Chanel is so pricey and not something I would purchase every day but their products really are lovely xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the post :) can't believe you found Chanel at 30% off - well done!!

    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer... It was a good find! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig