Tuesday 27 January 2015

My MAC Lipstick Collection


If there's one thing a girl can never have too many of, (besides pairs of shoes) it has to be lipsticks, and when it comes to cult blogger brands, MAC has it well and truly in the bag. I don't know of many make up junkies that doesn't love at least one of these gorgeous lip products, and considering the fact that some shades are nigh on impossible to get hold of, (I'm looking at you Velvet Teddy) it would seem that there's a whole lot of people who would agree. 

Now, before we get cracking I must point out that I have such a baby collection compared to some and there are still 14768936 shades on my wish list, but I thought I would share with you what I have built up so far, as well as linking back to any reviews I may have done on them previously. Let's hop to it shall we?


From left to right:

Lipblossum//Lustre//  A sugary pink shade with an ever so subtle shimmer. This is one of the more recent additions to my collection. You can read a full review here

Ravishing//Cremesheen// A richer, creamier formula that the Lustre lipsticks. This shade is a stunning peachy/coral colour which is perfect for Spring/Summer. I love how this one looks with tanned skin. Read a full review here

Plumful//Lustre// One of my all-time favourite shades and looking back, I can't believe I haven't reviewed it already! This sugar plum shade is semi-sheer but buildable and couldn't be more perfect for an everyday lip look. 

Cyber//Satin// This shade isn't for the feint-hearted. It's a very deep, rich purple which appears almost black in the bullet. It's a Satin finish which means that it lies on the matte side of the fence but has more sheen to it and is therefore less drying on the lips than your typical matte finish. You can read my review of this here, together with another Satin shade Snob, which I ended up selling because I just couldn't get it to work for me.

Cockney//Lustre// A semi-sheer pinky/red which has a light shimmer running through it. It's one of the first MAC lipsticks that I ever owned. You can see me wearing it here

Please Me//Matte// This is my most recent MAC lipstick purchase and one that I've been hooked on. Shade wise, this is a muted, dusky pink and due to the matte formula, it is long-lasting and provides full coverage. This took me several attempts to get hold of but it was definitely worth the wait. You can read one of my latest post featuring this lipstick here. There's also a dupe for it there too. 

Other shades I am lusting after/trying to get my hands on:

Velvet Teddy//Matte// Yep, this familiar face. The lipstick that everyone seems to own or want right now. It's a gorgeous nude/beige and I need to add it to my collection pronto.

Mehr//Matte// A dusky, blue-toned pink, not too dissimilar to Please Me. I've been told by numerous MAC counter girls that this is discontinued, however it's still up on the MAC website... strange. I have been trying to pick this up for weeks; however it keeps drifting in and out of stock. 

Toxic Tale//Satin// A bright coral shade. I think this one would be perfect for Summer. 

What are your all-time favourite MAC lipstick shades and/or are you currently lusting after any lipsticks to add to your collection?
Share:

18 comments

  1. Please Me is one of my favourite shades! I also love Yash, it's one that i've been wearing loads lately.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I've never heard of Yash! I'll have to have a look at that one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention xxx

      Delete
  2. I must get Plumful, it looks gorgeous! Lovely collection!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... Plumful is such a great shade! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the look of Ravishing! And Cyber does look scary in the bullet, but I've seen loads of people wear it and it's so nice! My favourite is Up the Amp x

    Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up the Amp is gorgeous; however I can never pull of the paler purple shades. *Sad face* xxx

      Delete
  4. Plumful looks gorgeous and I can definitely see why it's your favourite. My MAC lipstick collection consists of two so you're far ahead compared to me haha. I also want to pick up a lovely pink shade for summer so need to go swatching soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be seen for days if you head out to swatch MAC lippies... My bf absolutely hates it. I take forever! Haha.. I'll be interested to see what you pick up if you decide to buy something so make sure you share it with us! xxx

      Delete
  5. Plumful and Cockney looks amazing. I have never bought a MAC lipstick as I always lose my lipsticks. Will definitely try one soon.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, nightmare! I'd be gutted if I lost a lippie, especially if it was one I really loved! xxx

      Delete
  6. Rebel will always be my favourite Mac shade though Cyber looks right up my street ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Rebel is on so many people's favourites list! It's obviously a goody xxx

      Delete
  7. Please Me was my first MAC lipstick and I love it! Recently I've really grown to love the lustre finish though :)x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, great first choice! I'm a big fan of the Lustre finish too. I used to be such a Cremesheen lover but I've been leaning more and more towards the Lustre and Matte finishes lately. xxx

      Delete
  8. I'm thinking of doing one of these types of post soon. I don't have a very large collection either - maybe about a dozen or so. :-) Cyber is in my collection as well. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I'd love to have a peek at your collection xxx

      Delete
  9. Some lovely MAC lipsticks you've got there! It's been a while since I bought a MAC lippy myself actually. Used to go a little crazy in store untill I discovered different brands. Looking at your collection makes me want to pay another visit to a MAC Counter!

    Laura || Laura London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I went a bit off the MAC track for a while but recently picked up a couple more shades and fell in love all over again. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig