Monday 12 January 2015

Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit




Many moons ago, or so it feels like, I ordered another bunch of Makeup Revolution goodies. In the stock pile was this Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit. *Cracked packaging not paid for, but at £3.50 a pop, I was willing to overlook it.

Now, I can already guess what you're thinking. How dark? And if you weren't already thinking it, take a look at the swatches:


For my complexion, these are far too dark and I was a touch naive in thinking the fact that the shade selection was called, Light - Medium, meant it would be anything near light. I blame myself completely, however despite the fact that the bronzed shades are no good for me, this palette would easily suit someone with a darker skin tone. Plus, that highlighter is a bit of alright. If truth be told, I've picked it up now and again as a highlighter come brow-arch defining, eye shadow base, do it all. I can just about make the blusher shade work as a shimmery bronzer if I use a very light hand but the actual bronzer powder makes me look like I need a wash or worse still, like I've been in some sort of wrestling match with a bag of soil. In a word, not a good look. 

I'm a fan of the Sculpt & Contour Kit concept and in hindsight, I wish I'd opted for the Fair shade selection. Pale-skinned beauties listen up. I think I may have a poke around the MUR beauty stands next time I am home and give that one a swatch. 

Product wise, this is a bargain buy and you really get a lot for your pennies. I don't have any complaints over the formula and pigmentation of the Sculpt & Contour Kit, I'd just steer well clear of the darker kit if you're anything like me.

I guess if anything, these can maybe be put to use on my peepers. What do you reckon? Waste not want not girls and boys! 
Share:

8 comments

  1. i really want to try these, but i have the problem with kits like these in that they're too light for me - nice review :D

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This one might be right up your street then! It's definitely on the darker side xxx

      Delete
  2. They do look a little too dark for me to, reminds me of the sleek palette x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the Sleek range. I've seen quite a few reviews knocking around though and I love the concept of having contouring products together in a palette xxx

      Delete
  3. I have bought so many different contour products recently that have all been way too dark for my skin and it's so upsetting! I can't even save them for use in the summer because I just don't tan, grr!
    Where is the best place to get Makeup Revolution products please? :)
    - Taisie ♥ | Life by Taisie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, no way, that's so annoying!! Maybe you can sell them on? I have ordered all of my Makeup Revolution products online via their website; however you can also find their stuff on sale in Superdrug stores too. xxx

      Delete
  4. I love these types of 3 in 1 palettes. They're so practical. Shame they're too dark for you. That means they'd probably be too dark for me too. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a great concept, it's just unfortunate this one didn't work for me. I think it would look great on tanned skin. Perhaps it's one to save for Summer? xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig