Monday 5 January 2015

Travalo - The Ultimate Handbag Essential!

Have you ever been on holiday and your perfume exploded in your suitcase, thus dousing all of your clothes in heavy fragrance and resulting in you forevermore avoiding that perfume like the plague? Mine was Marc Jacobs Dot. A perfume I loved until I was forced to smell it at every waking moment for several weeks. I still shudder at the thought. 

When I mentioned the above in conversation with the London Perfume Company; on Twitter, they suggested that I needed to get myself a Travalo* and very kindly sent me one to try out. Being the under-rock dweller that I am, I'd never heard of a Travalo and so was instantly excited to get my paws on it. Anything that saves me smelling like the contents of a perfume counter's dustbin, gets my seal of approval right away.

When it arrived, I was immediately pleased with the size of it. Not much bigger than your average lipstick, it's  perfectly, 'pop-in-your-bag' proportioned. You can forget hauling that bottle of perfume around in your handbag during the day, (Yes, we've all been there) This fits into even the smallest of clutch bags with ease and you no longer run the risk of smashing an entire Chanel Mademoiselle whilst launching your bag across the dance floor so you can bust out your best Macarena moves. Result!


To fill, you simply remove the cap from your perfume bottle, place the bottom of the Travalo over the tip and pump up and down until you've filled the Travalo bottle as much as you like. I'm not going to lie, I thought the filling up process was going to be fiddly and tricky; however even a slightly hungover, fine motor skill lacking, fool like me completed such task with swift ease... (It also comes with frighteningly easy, pictured instructions if you read my explanation with a quizzical expression on your face.) You seriously can't go wrong! 

Via the London Perfume Company website, you can pick up the individual Travalo in pink or black, and at the bargain price of £8.99, I'm already planning on ordering a whole team of them. 

Let me know what your thoughts are on the Travalo. Could this make its way onto your handbag essentials list too? 
Share:

10 comments

  1. This sounds amazing. I have been thinking about getting something like this for a while as it's so easy to pop in your handbag, now I know where to get it from. Great review x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alina. I seriously recommend the Travalo! It's perfect for popping in your handbag and I'll definitely use it when I'm traveling too. Great product xxx

      Delete
  2. I never take perfume on holiday with me as I'm always terrified that the bottle will break and leak everywhere and obviously you can't pack them in hand luggage so this sounds perfect. Really need to get one!

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always pack my perfume in padded wash bags but it still doesn't guarantee they wont smash! The Travalo is perfect, I've been taking it everywhere in my handbag and these will be lifesavers for traveling. Hope you manage to pick one up :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This is such a great idea! I hate taking big perfume bottles around with me as I worry they will break. It is so affordable as well! I will have to look in to it next time I'm travelling somewhere x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Georgia. Such a great idea, I can't believe I'd never heard of them up until recently. Certainly a travellers essential xxx

      Delete
  4. I have heard of this, I few of my friends have it and love it too. It's certainly much more convenient for freshening up during the day too instead of having to carry around a huge bottle of perfume with you!

    Lots of Love,

    What Abby Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. Carrying heavy bottles of perfume around all day is a definite no-no. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig