Monday 26 January 2015

Turning 27...

Guess who's back... back again!? Apologies for being M.I.A. over the entire weekend (and some). As you may or may not know, I had a birthday! Writing that sentence made my entire body shudder... and not in a good way. I've had a love/hate relationship with birthdays ever since turning 21. Yes, there is cake and you can cry if you want to, but those numbers seem to clock up quicker than a taxi meter in a tourist zone, and I'm just not cool with it. In the spirit of birthday melodrama, I started writing a post which went along the lines of, 'I don't own a car or a house and yet I bought a stuffed panda less than 12 months ago...' I guess I felt like I needed to highlight how 'together' I am, and totally worthy of my shiny, 27 years sticker. (Which I'm not, for the record) In the end, I decided nobody likes a misery pants and I thought I would share with you some snaps of how I spent my weekend celebrating instead. 

Scott earned himself some serious boyfriend points by booking us a weekend at one of our favourite places in Finland, Kiuasniemi Villas in Padasjoki. Snow, sauna, hot tub, a frozen lake and bubbles... what more could a girl want?



Frozen lake

It was FREEZING outside

Making pizza...
It started snowing again!
Waking up with a sauna
As far as I'd dare walk on the frozen lake





Do you wanna build a snow-guinea pig?
If you fancy taking a look at what the area looks like in Spring/Summer, you can check out some of my other visits here

Now, it's back to reality after an amazingly, relaxing weekend and unpacking those cases... anyone else hate that task?! Urgh. 
Share:

24 comments

  1. Aww i hope you had an amazing birthday lovely :) Looks absolutely amazing :O The hot tub overlooking the lake is to die for!!! Don't think you can get a better birthday than that!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nicole. It was so perfect... The hot tub overlooking the lake was incredible, (and definitely an experience when it started snowing heavily!) xxx

      Delete
  2. aww happy birthday lovely! that hot tub in the snow looks absolutely incredible, im seriously jealous haha! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/sunday-thoughts.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. It was such a perfect weekend xxx

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a great birthday and didn't worry to much about turning 27 and having life figured out. I'll be turning 28 this summer and apart from figuring out motherhood, I still have a long way to go until I figure anything else out, as far as my career goes for example I am completely lost. But you know what who says we need to have it all sorted by a certain age anyway x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here! Does mothering my guinea pigs count as figuring out motherhood? I hope so, otherwise I'm fucked! Haha.. I guess having everything all figured out means there's no fun surprises. Maybe we have it right?! I hope you find what you're looking for career wise xxx

      Delete
  4. Happy belated Birthday my lovely! Your photos are AMAZING, very envious right now! xx
    Vanity Fairest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beaut.. Snow makes everything insanely pretty! xxx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had such a lovely day. That villa looks amazing....just on my way to check out what it looks like in the spring/summer! I'm very very jealous...

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. The place we stayed is really such a beautiful location. It was our third time visiting. Never tire of the peace, quiet and gorgeous views xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday again, sweetie! Looks like you had an amazing weekend! Makes me long for the snow....

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy. I'll bag some up for you, there's plenty to go around ;) xxx

      Delete
  7. Wow this looks amazing! I turn 27 this year too, but I'm not holding my breath for anything this cool! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, '88 was a great year eh! I'm sure you will have a blast... (until someone reminds you how close you are to 30!) Haha xxx

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday, Kirsty!

    This place looks incredible. I think my jaw dropped when I first saw your gorgeous photographs on Instagram. What a perfect place to spend your birthday!

    Oh, and I have to say, don't worry too much about not owning a car or a house yet - you spent your birthday in a beautiful place with a wonderful guy, which I think is a much better milestone (and who doesn't love stuffed pandas?!).

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, what a lovely comment Charlene. Thank you so much! Stuffed pandas rock my socks. xxx

      Delete
  10. This place looks amazing - so much snow! The photographs are absolutely gorgeous too.
    PS You do not look 27!!!

    Beth // www.bethany-georgina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I'll take that compliment! Haha... All the snow makes everything look so clean and white. It makes for my favourite kind of photographs xxx

      Delete
  11. This looks amazing! Hope you had a wonderful birthday xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk - Don't forget to enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had an amazing day! I really miss going to sauna, haven't been in one in about a year (?!). Great photos :)

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anu. I love a sauna when it's cold and snowy. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig