Wednesday 14 January 2015

Estée Lauder made me do it...


So we can pretty much just accept that my New Year's 'only buying things I need' resolution has gone right out of the window. To be fair, I made it several days into January and that's probably the longest I've ever committed to anything that doesn't involve food or a television screen. Go me!

You may have caught a previous post of mine where I managed to pick up this lovely Chanel, sale bargain. Well, this time I'm going to fill you in on what else I got my hands on too... and here it is:






Like the Chanel, it was subject to a 30% discount which is more than enough to convince me to make a purchase. Also, she's a beaut. 

I can't help but kick myself a little bit as this would have been a perfect shadow for the festive season, but hey, you win some, you lose some. 

Her official title is the Pure Color Gelee Powder Eye Shadow in Cyber Gold. It's one of a range of, 'cyber metallic' shadows from Estee Lauder and it really is the most shimmery, metal-esque looking shadow I'm pretty sure I've ever owned. The formula is described as a tri-blend formula that's a gel, powder and liquid all in one - I'm not going to lie, I don't really get it. It's a powder in my books. Simple. 

From first swatch, it's a gorgeously pigmented shadow that really packs a punch. I've swatched it dry and worn it dry; however it's also designed to be used wet for an intense, metallic shine. I must give that one a whirl soon. Dry, you're getting a rich, futuristic, cyberlicious (insert more funky adjectives) eye product that is definitely a show-stopper. I doubt I will wear this during the day, but it's perfect for a special occasion or a night on the vino with the girls. I applied it as more of a liner/pop of colour, blended outwards from the corners of my eyes. It held its ground and lasted me all evening which is entirely what I would expect from a high-end product. Also, that packaging... swoon!

In a nutshell, a fab, little find and a lovely little product from Estee Lauder. If you're a fan of the sci-fi, metallic look, this shadow is for you! I'm already eyeing up the Cyber Green and Teal... and maybe Silver too. Let me know what you think of this, is it something you would see yourself wearing or are there any other metallic eye shadows that you can't keep your hands off? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Share:

8 comments

  1. This shade is stunning! I love that you could wear it just on its own and it would still look just as fab! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. This eyeshadow is stunning. I have never seen these before but will definitely have a look at them next time I'm out shopping. Love the sleek packaging, the pattern and the shade you picked up is really pretty! x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you manage to find them. They're so gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the packaging and the pattern on this eyeshadow, almost too pretty to touch! The shade is also gorgeous, can definitely see myself wearing this on its own with eyeliner or bended into a smokey eye look x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't want to use it because of how pretty the pattern was... It's too bloody gorgeous not to though! Haha xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig