Wednesday 21 January 2015

Current Favourite Lip Combo - MAC Please Me Dupe


If you managed to catch my post yesterday, you may have noticed that I picked up a few beauty items on my recent trip home. In the stash are these two. The Maybelline Color Drama lip pencil in Minimalist and MAC's Please Me matte lipstick. Even though I'd only bought them a few days apart, I never realised how similar they are. (Shhh, don't tell the other half!) I'll let the swatches do the talking:

Left to Right - Maybelline Lip Pencil in Minimalist, MAC Please Me and Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Contouring pencil in Rose Quartz
Colour wise, (ignoring the Rimmel lip liner just now) both are a muted, dusky pink. The finish is different with Minimalist having a slightly frosted appearance and Please Me being matte; however when these are applied, the difference is microscopic. 

Although the Rimmel liner looks much darker here, I've actually found this to work really well with both of these lip colours, and the lippie/liner combo has been my go-to lip look since picking these up. I haven't been wearing anything else. Perhaps we'll be needing an intervention soon.

The difference between these products really does come down to quality. Whilst the Maybelline lip pencil is pretty darn good for its meager price tag, it isn't quite of the same calibre as MAC in my opinion. You really do get what you pay for I guess. The MAC formula is much creamier and easier to apply, with MAC beating Maybelline hands down in terms of longevity. That being said, I think the bargain price of the Maybelline lip pencils will definitely have me re-purchasing and perhaps saving the good stuff for when I'm not nipping to the shops for pizza and chocolate. 

If you're still in doubt, here's the Maybelline Color Drama/Rimmel Rose Quartz duo on my face:



Kylie who?
Share:

22 comments

  1. what a gorgeous colour, i love how matte it is! sucha good dupe find. id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/gluten-free-blondie-cake-bites.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great colour. I'm obsessed! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oooo good dupe! Such a pretty shade!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning lip colour...wish I had lovely full lips like you do ! Love finding good dupes as mac lippies are always my fave and the colours are all amazing :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I love MAC lippies too! This colour combo is perfect and I'm seriously addicted! xxx

      Delete
  4. I love these types of rosy-pink-neutral shades. MAC's Hot Gossip, which is in the similar but a little pinker with more of a sheen finish, is one of my all time favourites. Actually, I need to add the other MAC pinky neutrals to my collection (Please Me, Brave, Giddy). :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, will need to look into that one. I'm definitely falling in love with these pinky/neutral shades! xxx

      Delete
  5. such a beautiful shade, i think i'll have to pick up the maybelline one - i want to buy a mac lipstick but i just can't bring myself to spend that on a lipstick (give it time give it time) - great post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline Lip Pencils are such a bargain and totally worth it! If you ever do decide to splurge on a MAC lippie, you wont regret it! They're so good!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I have the Maybelline pencil but in a berry shade & I love it, such amazing formula so I will have to pick up this gorgeous nude shade next x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed with these lip pencils! I also picked up a pinky/coral shade and it's so creamy. Love it! xxx

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty combination! Kylie Who indeed!

    Holly xx
    www.hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great dupe, i love wearing please me!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those shades that just looks so good on! xxx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you.. I was pleasantly surprised at how similar they were! xxx

      Delete
  10. That's such a close dupe. I've been meaning to get the Maybelline Minimalist pencil for ages now so I think its time I went out and got it!

    Lots of Love,

    What Abby Loves

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing - beautiful makeup, great shade xxx
    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I'm loving this muted pink look lately xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig