Thursday 26 March 2015

Quick & Easy Easter Bark Recipe

Grab your mixing bowls ladies and gents because today I'm featuring a quick, easy (and delicious) Easter bark recipe that even the most culinary challenged can achieve. Feast your eyes on this...

easter bark recipe, easy recipe, easy easter recipe, chocolate easter recipe

easter bark recipe, easy recipe, easy easter recipe, chocolate easter recipe

easter bark recipe, easy recipe, easy easter recipe, chocolate easter recipe

easter bark recipe, easy recipe, easy easter recipe, chocolate easter recipe

easter bark recipe, easy recipe, easy easter recipe, chocolate easter recipe

easter bark recipe, easy recipe, easy easter recipe, chocolate easter recipe

Here's what you'll need:

400g of white chocolate
A couple of handfuls of Rice Krispies (Approx. 15-20g)
100g of Mini marshmallows 
Sprinkles - any style that you choose

(This made 12 generous sized pieces for me)

Here's what to do:

 Break the chocolate into small pieces, eat a few pieces and add the rest to a mixing bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of simmering water, (a bain-marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. 

 Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the pan, (being careful not to burn yourself on any escaping steam.) Add the Rice Krispies and mix until they are coated in the chocolate. 

 Add the marshmallows and mix again until they are coated in chocolate. Don't over mix as the marshmallows will start to melt. 

 Spoon the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the mixture to the desired thickness and then add the sprinkles on top. 

 Place the tray into the freezer and leave to set for approx. 25 minutes, or until the mixture has hardened. 

 Remove and cut into chunks. I used a pizza cutter; however you can use cookie cutters, a knife, whatever you choose. 

 Enjoy!

I tweaked the recipe from a few that I had seen on Pinterest, adding Rice Krispies to give it more of a crunch. The possibilities are endless, you can add any yummy bits and pieces that you like. A few ideas of other ingredients that you could use are:

 nuts; crushed or whole
 coconut flakes
 jelly beans
 Cornflakes
dried fruit, raisins etc.
 glace cherries
 Smarties

Let me know what you think and if you give this a whirl, I'd love to hear how you get on!
Share:

32 comments

  1. That sounds delish! May have to give it a go with my boys over easter.. Thanks for sharing! Your pics are amazing too by the way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe.. I'm sure your little ones would love it! xxx

      Delete
  2. These look amazing, and they also look relatively easy to do which spells perfection to me. Loved this post, thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be making some of these to get me through my dissertation...

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, the dreaded dissertation! I don't envy you. Good luck with it all, I'm sure chocolate is the only reason I ever managed to complete mine! xxx

      Delete
  3. Yumm! This looks so fun to make and super good to eat! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. It's really so simple but sooo tasty! xxx

      Delete
  4. Ah this looks so cute! Definitely the perfect Easter treat! The sprinkles make it! x

    www.lucindafreya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I really wanted Easter sprinkles, little bunny shapes etc but I couldn't get my hands on any. x

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh these look sooooo yummy!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dislike white chocolate so this is not so much for me but i cannot get over how pretty those are. I kinda want to make it just to look at it ;)

    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. I wish I could resist the temptation of stuffing several pieces in my mouth! Perhaps you could try using milk chocolate and food colouring as an alternative? x

      Delete
  7. Wowee, these look absolutely delicious, who doesn't love chocolate!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy, i will have to make some! Once you had cut it did you put it in the fridge or how did you store it? x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stored it in the fridge, although it didn't last too long before being scoffed! You should definitely give it a go. It's so quick and easy to make xxx

      Delete
  9. I'm so doing this. The addition of Rice Krispies was brilliant. I wonder how it would do with some dried cranberries and macadamia nuts! Hmm.....

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, sounds heavenly! The possibilities are endless.. I'm considering trying it with smashed up mini eggs.. chocolate overload! xxx

      Delete
  10. Wow this looks incredible, I prefer milk chocolate to white but this looks so yummy, may have to try it!

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. perhaps you could try using milk chocolate and food colouring as an alternative? xx

      Delete
  11. These just look so pretty as well as total yummy! x

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. I can vouch for the fact that they're delicious! xx

      Delete
  12. Oh no... this seems too easy and quick and do-able and I think I have chocolate in the Kitchen somewhere... Love the mix of pastels, perfect for spring and totally pretty. All the best food is ridiculously pretty!

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. DO IT! I'm a sucker for pretty food. Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  13. This looks so cute and seems so tasty! Such a nice easter homemade treat! Thanks for sharing!
    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, this looks so tasty! I also love Easter themed recipes because they're always so cute!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene.. I'm the same, a sucker for a pretty cake or choccy treat! x

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness these look absolutely amazing! Definitely going to have to try these!

    Life and Times of a Student
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Issy.. You should definitely give it a go. It's so quick and easy but sooo delish! xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig