Wednesday 25 March 2015

Blogging Highlights


Guys, can you believe that Effortlessly Excessive is nearing her very first birthday? No, neither can I. If someone had sat me down twelve months ago and explained to me that I'd be putting in blood, sweat and tears, (many tears.. possibly tantrums) into writing nonsense for strangers online, I'd have thought they were barking - But here we are! It's been a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Anyone that says blogging is an easy hobby has obviously never dedicated themselves to writing a blog. It's a helluva amount work and I'm insanely proud of my journey, not to mention the community that I have become a part of and some of the wonderful people I have gotten to know along the way. 

To mark the occasion, I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of my favourite posts from my first year of blogging. The posts that I'll maybe nip back to now and again to re read; because being your own inspiration is something that we should all strive to achieve. Anyway, that's enough waffling from me today. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for supporting me along this path and I hope you enjoy this little trip down memory lane with me. 
3 . 4 . 2014
Blogging on the Brain
I have barely been blogging a week and already I've got to thinking about the art of writing a blog. It's kind of like talking to yourself, except no one thinks you're crazy and it's totally accepted by society...

7 . 5 . 2014
Life's a Walk in the Park
Even for the most positive of us out there, there are times when life doesn't seem such a bed of roses. I'm not talking about a bad hair day or I can't find anything to wear day, but those days where you just want to crawl under your duvet and never resurface. We all have them in varying degrees. For me, living the expat life hasn't always been easy, and yes, whilst some people may say that I should be grateful for my experiences, and truly I am, it doesn't always leave you feeling entirely blessed...

19 . 5 . 2014
Choices...
How many times have you walked into a shop, eyed up that dress or a pair of shoes and yet, convinced yourself that you don't want or need it, only to get home and immediately regret your decision? What about those purchases you do make? The ones where you envisage yourself wearing said item every day, a welcome addition to your wardrobe, only to let it sit gathering dust, unused and unloved. In the shop it draws you in with its shiny exterior and possibilities, yet leaves you out of pocket and feeling somewhat misled...

3 . 6 . 2014
The First
There's always one guy that likes to be different! The kind of person who says, "To hell with convention," and breaks away from society's norms. I'm not saying that this person is me; although I would secretly like to be on the fun side of crazy, foster several cats and dance around my apartment doing the Macarena in my knickers. Okay, the last one isn't entirely that far off my actual life, but who's judging right?... 

27 . 6 . 2014
A Dog and a Dead Bird
I must apologise in advance for the rambly nature of today's post. It was just that yesterday was a whole load of, what the fuck!? I know that swearing is neither big nor clever, but there was really no other word to accurately describe what yesterday was...

13 . 8 . 2014
Spam, not the Ham
Something very strange has happened in the world of Effortlessly Excessive. I've acquired a spammer. I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I hear the word spam, I always think of that tinned meat stuff. Does anyone remember that cringe-worthy advert that they released - 'Spam up... for a special tea, Spam up... for an anniversary...

5 . 9 . 2014
Getting 'Lost' in Nature
I'm just going to put this out there that I'm not a huge fan of nature. It's a bit like saying you don't like children or small, fluffy animals... People judge you. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike nature, I haven't really got anything against her. Well, apart from that time she drenched me in rain on my way to work and I had to spent most of my morning squelching around; but we all have our off days...

19 . 9 . 2014
To the Serial Unfollowers
Followers that unfollow the minute you follow them. Why do you do this? As a matter of fact, every. single. person. knows why you do this. It's mostly because you're an asshole; but some small part of you must think that this is a really excellent way to get followers or something. Maybe I missed this part of social media class?...

16 . 10 . 2014
If You Wear Make Up, You're Insecure
Now, before I start receiving a hefty amount of hate mail and get trolled more than those three goats, I must point out that the title of this post is in no way my opinion. In fact, I'd almost go as far as saying I believe quite the opposite; however I had it brought up to me in conversation the other day and I've been pondering over it ever since. (See, I can be a thinker if I put my mind to it! *scoff*)...

13 . 12 . 2014
How to Deal with Unwanted Attention
I thought I would use today's post as an opportunity to impart some words of wisdom on whoever just so happens to find themselves reading this ol' piece. I assume your presence is due to the fact that you A. have the unfortunate problem of receiving unwanted attention and would like advice on how to rectify the situation or B, you're on a helluva bus journey and this so happens to be your source of entertainment for the next five minutes. Either way, you're welcome on board...

3 . 1 . 2015
My Christmas in Finland
Christmas last year, (I'm still not comfortable with this new year malarky yet) was a bit of a different one for Scott and I. It was the first one where we didn't have to catch a flight somewhere and the first in which we could spend it together with both of our families in tow...

2 . 2 . 2015
Home Girl Found Her Voice
A nice girl should be seen and not heard, or so the saying goes. I guess I must have never really been a nice girl because I waltzed into this world voicing my opinion to anyone that would listen. I'm what some may describe as talkative, or as Scott would probably say, opinionated...

4 . 3 . 2015
Shit you can buy on the Internet
'm gonna start this post with somewhat of a disclaimer. Basically, I'm not an idiot. Okay, well not completely anyway. You're going to have to bear with me on this one today as I feel that what you're about to witness needs some level of explanation. I'm a first class insomniac, (and if that isn't a word then it damn well should be) although, 'first class' makes it sound like something you'd want and I can speak from experience that it most certainly isn't. On a recent bout of nocturnal interwebz trawling, I came across Poopdeck Tranny Angel. You can call her Ange for short...

Thank you all for your love and support, and for making this an unforgettable first year. I hope you enjoyed our little trip down memory lane. Here's to you all, and to many more successful years to come... 

Share:

11 comments

  1. such a good post! and some great highlights!! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way is your blog only one! I thought it was older
    Happy Blog Birthday :)
    x Tink Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks.. I'll take that as a compliment ;) xx

      Delete
  3. I've loved your blog for a few months now, and loved looking back at these posts! Can't wait to see what the next year brings :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. You have no idea how happy that makes me feel to hear. xx

      Delete
  4. Awwww Happy Bloggiversary/Birthday! You seem to have some lovely highlights, so keep on blogging! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year! That was a really nice way to commemorate, hearing what you think of your highlights xx

    thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally remember "Spam, not the Ham" and "To the Serial Unfollowers" - two of my favorites and two of the reasons I feel in love with you and your blog. Don't worry, I'm not going to start stalking you - this won't require the likes of "How to Deal with Unwanted Attention. Haha. Congrats, hun. Big HUGS xo

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kimmy.. If there's anyone I wouldn't mind stalking me, it would be you! Haha.. I had a good, old chuckle looking back through my old posts and reading some of the hilarious comments that were left. Here's to another year! xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig