Tuesday 3 March 2015

Spring Nails




The ice caps in Finland are slowly but surely starting to melt and I'm officially calling it - Spring is on its way! I for one can't wait. As well as taking to inappropriately dressing for the weather, I've also amped up my naildrobe with these pretty in pink shades from Maybelline. There's a pearlescent, sugary pink called Porcelain (78) and deep nude named, Rose Poudre (130). They hail from the Forever Strong Superstay 7 Days Gel collection, (mouthful...) and are the newest additions to my slowly expanding set of Maybelline gel polishes. 

When it comes to chips, I like mine with cheese and most certainly not on my nails. Since gel nail polishes hit the market, I've been raking them in as there's nothing worse than a mani that doesn't last. I think Maybelline's '7 Days' is a bit ambitious. I'd say I get around 5 solid days before the pesky chips start to rear their ugly heads, but that being said, I really love these polishes. They're apparently enriched with iron and calcium which reminds me ever so slightly of a baby milk advert but that's neither here nor there. The wide brush makes application a doddle and despite it not quite lasting the whole 7 days, this polish does hold its own, even after several bumps and bruises, and give me gorgeous, salon-esque nails to die for. 

I've worn both of these shades separately and together with Porcelain layered over the top of Rose Poudre. Porcelain can be a bit of a temperamental diva and needs a couple of coats and gentle coaxing; however the payoff is totally worth the pain. Rose Poudre applies like a dream and is such a soft and delicate polish - An absolute winner for Spring. 

What do you think of these polishes? Have you started to bust out your Spring naildrobe yet and are you looking forward to the warmer months? 
Share:

12 comments

  1. I love this range of Maybelline nail polishes and have 5 different shades :) I like the look of these two you have! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'd be intrigued to know what shades you have. When it comes to nail polish, I always keep coming back to Maybelline. x

      Delete
  2. I havent tried this range, the shades you have are gorgeous x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them. They're great x

      Delete
  3. They both look like such beautiful colours <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this range because 5 days wear is long for me, I usually get like 2 days and it puts me off painting my nails in the first place. Porcelain looks beautiful even if it is a diva x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Alina you do! I'm usually a, 'chips in an hour' kinda girl and I got so lazy with painting my nails. This stuff is really good though - I'd definitely recommend x

      Delete
  5. I love Rose Poudre and the formula in these polishes is really great. They last about 5-7 days on my nails and they have such a great colour range. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, yes. The colour range is fab! I want ALL the shades!! Haha xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig