Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Glow Getter

When it comes to my base look, I'm all about the dewy complexion. My skin naturally swings between being normal to dry, depending on how well I keep up my moisturising routine and how much, how little water I've drank that week, (but that's another story.) Due to this fact, I find that I'm always on the look out for the Glow Getters. Products designed to give you a bit of oompf in the fresh-faced glow department. More often than not, my stash tends to consist of creamy highlighters infused with all kinds of spangle; however when I spied this staring up at me from the L'Oreal counter, I knew I had to try it out.


Upon first swatch, the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer is a little scary looking, but don't let that put you off. It does look very shiny/glossy and I did slightly recoil when I first saw it, but when paired with foundation, it isn't as, 'in your face' I promise. 

In terms of being a primer, I'm not entirely sure I would market it as such. It doesn't increase the longevity of my make up at all really or even out my skin tone, reduce the appearance of pores etc.

However

After several days of playing around with it, I hit the jackpot. This 'primer' mixed with my foundation on my hand before being applied to my face; produces heavenly results. It gave even my dull foundations a new lease of life. For days when I'm feeling in need of some extra glow, I've even been dabbing this on top of my foundation using a sponge. Particularly in the usual highlighting spots - along the cheekbones, sweeping across my forehead and down my nose. It's so simple and easy to use. Despite looking a bit OTT upon first swatch, it settles beautifully into the skin. 

Oily-skinned girls, I'd give this one a miss, but if you fall on the drier side of the fence, or just love a dewy complexion, I'd definitely recommend the Lumi Magique. Primer, no... Glow Getter, absolutely! 
Share:

14 comments

  1. I absolutely swear by this stuff! I agree about it not possessing properties of a primer as such, but the glow it gives off is perfect :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    love your new design by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I'm really pleased I picked this up. It's such a fab find xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this stuff and I use it the exact same way, mixed with my foundation for an added boost of dewiness to my face (especially if the foundation is more on the matte/high coverage side of things) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, i have one similar to this which is perfect for spring x
    Emma | Emmys Blog | MAC Cinderella Controversial Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely going to be featuring highly in my Spring/Summer make up routine xx

      Delete
  4. Odd concept for a primer anyway...but I defiantly want to give this a whirl!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. The primer aspect is a no-go but it really is a great product for creating a glowing complexion x

      Delete
  5. My skin is dry to combination and sometimes I really feel like I could do with some extra glow. I think this mixed with some of my foundations would look amazing. Shame it doesn't really work as a primer but I still want to try it for the glow factor. I will wait for them to have those 3 for 2 or buy 1 and get 2nd 1/2 price kind of promo and will definitely pick this up along with other L'Oreal things I want to try. :) x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it lovely - especially with having similar skin to mine. No doubt it will be on offer somewhere, fingers crossed and I hope you enjoy it xxx

      Delete
  6. LOVE the sound of this! Must get one for myself on payday!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the sound of this even though I've combination skin. I almost bought this the other day but thought I'd read some reviews first :)x

    Also, I’ve nominated you for the Creative Blogger Award so if you like writing posts like that you can check out the rules from my post here: Creative Blogger Award

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anu.. I'll need to head over and check your post out x

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig