Monday 16 March 2015

Weekend Update

Really, how is it Monday already? These pesky week days come around far too quickly for my liking. On a much, much more positive note, the sun has finally returned to Finland! 


Scott and I have started to clear out our balcony, (which had become a bit neglected over the winter months) and because it's sort of an indoor balcony, (which makes no sense really) I've been toying with the idea of moving our spare sofa, dubbed the 'arguement couch' because unless we've fallen out, neither of us ever sit on it, out onto the balcony. We have huge glass panels that slide open to create an open balcony, but closed, the room is like a greenhouse which is fine by me as I like to sit back and imagine I'm somewhere exotic whilst sipping my cup of tea.

We woke up surprisingly early on Saturday morning and decided to take a walk around the island that we live on. We have a usual route that we take down to the marina, through the woods and across the beach; however we thought we'd mix it up a bit and cut through the water gardens. The sun was so bright, Scott and I had to whip the sunglasses out. It's a shame it was still a cool 3 degrees though. 





We headed over to a friend's house on Saturday evening to watch the Scotland v England rugby game, despite knowing very little about rugby. There was food and alcohol and so naturally, we were the last ones to leave. 

Sunday was a lazy day. We pottered around the apartment, nipped out to the shops and caught up on our emails. Scott cooked us honey and soy glazed duck for dinner and we curled up on the sofa watching Netflix. I also continued my reading streak by downloading How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern. I thought I'd go with an easy read after finishing Gone Girl and Elizabeth is Missing. If you have any reading suggestions, make sure you send them my way. 


How was your weekend? Did you get up to anything fun?

Share:

4 comments

  1. I love reading these posts, Finland just looks so beautiful! The good photos help too x

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamzin. I'm glad you enjoy reading x

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I always love reading these posts, especially because I love seeing your beautiful photographs of Finland.

    By the way, I recommend A Lovely Way to Burn by Louise Welsh for your next book. It was one of my favourites from last year - one of those books which you won't be able to put down until you've read it all!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene and extra thanking yous for the book suggestion. I'm going through them at a rate of knots so the more the merrier. xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig