Tuesday 17 March 2015

White Shirt - 3 Ways

When it comes to wardrobe staples, the one thing that every girl needs to own is a smart, white shirt. I had been on the hunt for a specific kind of shirt for a few weeks. I wanted something in a softer material as some shirts can often be crisp and not entirely comfortable to wear. This George shirt from ASDA is perfect! You can see it in a recent haul post here. It's a perfect fit, length-wise it's spot on and whilst the front of the shirt is made of typical 'shirt' material. The back and sleeves are much softer, meaning it feels super comfortable to wear. 

As an ode to my new favourite shirt, I thought I would throw out three different styled looks for some white shirt shaped inspiration. 

White Shirt - George @ Asda
Necklace - Whistles
Bag - Topshop
Trousers - AX Paris
Coat - Warehouse
Shoes - ASOS Premiere


White Shirt - George @ Asda
Dreamcatcher Ring - Windsor
Dune Shoes - John Lewis
PU Pleated Midi Skirt - Topshop
Bag - Last Call
Hat - River Island


White Shirt - George @ Asda
Bucket Bag - H&M
Boyfriend Jeans - H&M
Scarf - MintVelvet
Olivia Burton Watch - Topshop
Vans Pumps - Office

Let me know what you think of these looks. Do you have a wardrobe staple that you can't live without?
Share:

9 comments

  1. I love this!
    I don't own a white shirt (shock horror) simply because I have no idea how to wear them.
    Whenever I see someone wearing one I think they look great, but always think they'll look stupid on me.. I'm going to invest for spring & I'll be returning here if I get stuck!
    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post has given you some inspiration Nicky. I love how versatile a white shirt can be. It's a great wardrobe staple. I hope you find what you're looking for xxx

      Delete
  2. Perfect selection!! Love the second ;)
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom




    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white shirts but I've actually struggled to find "the perfect white shirt" - I find so many to be so sheer that I have to wear a vest top underneath, which I think can sometimes spoil the classic look of the shirt. Why are basic essentials often the hardest to buy?! I'm going to check out this shirt next time I'm in ASDA - hopefully it's the answer to my white shirt prayers.

    x

    p.s. I love the outfits you've put together - I think 1 is my favourite because it's such an elegant, classic look for the office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same feelings with vest tops funnily enough. Not with them being sheer, but I'm really fussy with the fit and the strap thickness if I'm buying them to wear underneath things. I end up putting off repurchasing and so my vests have all seen better days!

      I hope you manage to find the white shirt in ASDA - it's such a bargain! xx

      Delete
  4. The last look is my favorite! Really love the H&M leather bag! x

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it Zoe.. The bag is gorgeous, and such a bargain too! x

      Delete
  5. Love these looks! The dreamcatcher ring is so cute :)x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. The ring is gorgeous! It would be perfect for Summer x

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig