Tuesday 10 March 2015

Gold, Frankincense and... Mehr?

Putting the odd Christmas reference to one side, I thought it was high time I introduced you to the most amazing MAC lipstick of all time - and that's quite some claim! Granted, I flit between old and new favourites more often than Katie P. has married that hubby of hers, but this particular gem has stolen my heart. I've fallen hook, line and sinker... 




As far as MAC lippies go, this one is given far less credit than its more popular buddies... Ruby Woo, Velvet Teddy, Rebel to name but a few. It's a matte formula and the colour is described as a 'dirty blue pink' although it definitely looks more of a dusky pink/nude to me. You can see for yourself in the swatch:


I first clapped eyes on this at the MAC counter in Helsinki and, after slathering it all over my hand, I knew I needed to own it. As seems to be the theme with any lipstick I fall for, it was out of stock... everywhere! I tried the Helsinki counters a few more times, the airport and a counter in Edinburgh - where the girl told me two interesting tales. The first being that this lipstick was being discontinued, (I'm pretty sure it's not) and that also Rihanna had been spotted wearing it, (No idea with this one.) Anyhow, it took me rifling through the drawers at a MAC counter in Glasgow before I finally had it in my hands, clutching it like a crazed make up fiend. (We've all been there... Also, does anyone else help themselves when the counters are really busy? The girl was not impressed with me!) 

So, here comes the usual spiel now. Quality wise, this lipstick is everything you would expect from MAC. Gloriously rich and creamy, applies evenly with ease and gives a beautiful opaque, matte finish. It's not as long wearing as some MAC lipsticks, but I find that with more subtle, nude shades. It gives about 4/5ish hours of coverage which is still good going. I used to be such an avid avoider of matte lipsticks; however I can't rate MAC's offerings enough. They're so comfortable to wear and run less of a risk of smudging compared to other, slippery formulas. I absolutely love 'em!

MAC Mehr Lipstick

What are your thoughts on this MAC shade? Have you tried Mehr before? 
Share:

16 comments

  1. Gorgeous shade, I really need to take a better look at these type of shades, I tend to sway more towards bright colours but this one looks lovely.
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always used to hover around the stand-out shades but I'm being increasingly drawn to more subtle shades for every day wear as they're so easy. Some of the nudey/pinks are just stunning and great for paring with a bolder eye look. Thanks for commenting Claire xx

      Delete
  2. I don't often wear pinks but when I do, they tend to be this sort of dusky shade! This has definitely been added to my wihlist! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen, I can't recommend this shade enough! It's stunning x

      Delete
  3. The shade is gorgeous, it really suits you x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely.. I absolutely love this shade! x

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've read a review on this particular shade but I'm glad I read this because the shade is stunning and it's now going on my wish list x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it Alina. It was SO worth the effort to get hold of. xx

      Delete
  5. This is my all time everyday favourite and has been for a while now, it's such a nice pop of colour! I hope it's not being discontinued as I'll need to stock up xx

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be devastated if it is after only just discovering it!! I think the counter girl may have got her wires crossed as it's still on the website and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. xxx

      Delete
  6. I have been looking at Mehr for quite a while. It looks like such a beautiful shade (although very similar to ELF's tea rose).

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I have never tried any products from ELF so that could be one to take a peek at. Thanks for the suggestion x

      Delete
  7. Such a stunning shade, it looks fantastic!

    Nati xx
    artdicted2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it. It's gorgeous xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig